UK Higher Education 3 Year Warrenty.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by EricChunky, May 16, 2006.

1. EricChunky macrumors regular

Feb 12, 2006
    It used to be a aggreement posted out on the HE store, saying that all new intel macs come with 3 year warrenty to HE Students. When placing an order, we can upgrade it to AppleCare for around £50.

Now the poster is gone, there's nowhere saying the 3 year warrenty anymore. I even read through the Terms&Conditions:rolleyes: no luck.

The weird thing is, i can't buy the AppleCare when placing the order for the MacBook for my gf either. The AppleCare option shows up, but there's nothing clickable, just saying "NONE".

So, do we actually have a free applecare (3yr) or do we not.

Any UK buddies, better check this out before takin out ur credit card... :eek:
  2. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

Feb 14, 2004
    According to the T&Cs you do get the "basic" 3 year warranty. Search the Macbook thread - it's been posted on there.

Actually, here it is:
    See paragraph 10.1.1

I'm about to pull the trigger on one too - it won't let me upgrade to AppleCare either but who cares when you're get 3 years warranty for free?
  3. EricChunky thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 12, 2006
    exactly, i think the extra Care is the technical support? it is so funny that they put it as 36 months. i was Apple+F ing "Warrenty", "Three" , "3 Year" etc. no results... :p

ha.. i guess i know better than the AppleCare techies... and if there are real engineers out there, they won't pick up your call easily anyway...

anyway, macrumors is the place for technical help :eek: