UK: If you pre-ordered your xbox 360 from Play.com or Gameplay online

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Nov 25, 2005.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Prepare for dissapointment.

Spoke to a a guy at customer services at Play.com today. He informed me that microsoft sent them a memo and they only expect to get only 1% of the stock needed to fill the pre-orders they have and added that he was being optimistic at that figure.

I pre-ordered 2 back in May (over 6 months ago) and it's looking like I won't receive either :mad: Although play were happy to inform me that the games should be in plentiful supply :eek: WTF idiots! If they cant supply the console why would I want the games?

Thankfully I pre-ordered from Smyths, and they stopped taking pre-orders at the huge figure of 5 consoles! Hopefully i'll receive one of them :D

I contacted Gameplay afterwards as my cousin has pre-ordered from them, and they informed me that they expect around 50-100 consoles at the most, even though their pre-orders top over 3,000.

Whilst I'm delighted by a world wide release, it's looking like microsoft have not been able to produce anything like what they were expecting.

The whole of the UK & Ireland was expected to recieve an alotment of 50,000 consoles. Going on what online retailers and stores are saying it looks like 25-30 thousand will be optomistic.

Ebay.co.uk & .ie are going to be very busy this christmas indeed.

2. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Bloody hell this whole lets not supply the people who preordered a 360 thing is lame, first the US now you guys. I'm sorry to hear it, but at least they consider you important enough to get it this year. Here in .au land we still have 4 months to wait.

3. RobHague macrumors 6502

Im starting to get turned off by the 360 :confused:.... I think i might actually do something unthinkable and look at the Playstation 3 :eek:

4. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

:confused:

And what would "looking" actually do for your video gaming?

:)

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I know its Microsofts fault but I hate Game too much.

6. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Looks like there will be 300,000 Xbox 360s available for the European launch this Friday...

7. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Europe is a big place....

Anyway, i'll wait till Halo 3.

8. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

What he actually says is 300,000 is not far off from what they will have. WTF does that mean? It could be 299,995 or 300,005 or is it more likely 250,000?? Why send memo's to stores advising them they wont be supplying as much stock to them to fill even the pre-orders as they originally planned if they thought they would have enough.

Apart from a few stores in major cities, I cant imagine there will be many people waiting outside a store all night. Will just have to wait and see :rolleyes:

9. mkubal macrumors 6502a

While the shortages are very disappointing, and I'd love to have a 360, I'm not that worried for the simple fact that there really isn't a must have game for me yet. Sure there are games I'd like to play, but none that really make me want to pay twice the price for a 360 on ebay. I also figured that if I had gotten a 360 I would have bought Madden and then I would have felt like an ****** for buying the same game for two consoles.

So the shortage sucks, but I think, for me, it's a good thing. Although if I happen to be in some random store and see a 360 (premium of course, none of that sissy core system crap ;) ) I will be forced to buy it. :)

10. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well I've looked forward to Kameo since it was announced for the cube. I've always had a softspot for RARE games.

The other games I had pre-orderd

Dead Or Alive 4 has been delayed to Febuary in Europe? Why I don't know.

ElderScrolls : Oblivion delayed to March

Gears Of War delayed to March - May

GhostRecon : delayed to Feb - April

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: sad thing is I still want one :)