(UK) iPhone 5 Launch @ Cribbs Causeway

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Nipz, Sep 13, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

Nipz

Hi guys,

Just wondering who is planning on queuing at Cribbs Causeway for the launch of the iPhone 5? I have just moved to Bristol so will be my first product launch here.

Cheers,

Ben

2. macrumors 6502a

We are spoilt for choice really as Bristol as two Apple and the Bath store is just 15 mins away. I will probably queue at Bath as I have used their store for years

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

Nipz

Yea its great for me! Were i used to live there the closest Apple store was an hour way. Now i have 3 within 20 mins lol.

4. macrumors regular

Never queued at Cribbs before, what time do they open the entrances so you can queue inside? Which entrance outside do you queue at?

5. macrumors newbie

Time to Q

I've never queued for a product launch either. However, since selling my iPhone 4s a couple of days ago I'm fed up of using the cheap Nokia I have as a temporary phone so need to get the iPhone 5 ASAP!!!

Not seen any details about where to queue at the Mall and also not sure what time to get there.

What time are others thinking of going???

6. macrumors regular

Looking at threads of previous launches at Cribbs, people queue from the John Lewis entrance. Those doors are opened first in the morning for staff to get in so if you're planning on going super early you'll have to queue outside.

When the doors open though, you can go in and queue outside the shop.

7. macrumors newbie

Any idea what would be a good time to go and queue??

8. macrumors regular

Never queued here before either. I will be going super early and posting updates on the queue length/weather conditions here.

9. Pilkeith, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012

macrumors newbie

Link above doesn't bring anything up. What's your twitter name so i can follow?

I'm planning to go pretty early too.

10. macrumors regular

Hmmm. Seems to be working for me... the twitter name is @iP5Cribbs

11. macrumors newbie

Just cooking the sausages for my sausage sandwich to take with me bright and early in the morning!!

12. macrumors regular

6 people here now.

13. macrumors regular

50 here now.

14. macrumors newbie

How's the queuing at Cribbs? I had visions of people queuing at different entrances with mad rush to the store when the doors open lol.

15. macrumors regular

Ditto. I envisage loads of 'I'm not running really, this is just fast walking' awkward running to the shop.

16. macrumors newbie

Well today was the first time I've queued up for an apple launch and it will definitely be my last.

The whole thing was a joke. I got there early (3 am) so I could be near the front of the queue with the thinking I could be in and out as soon as I could close to 8 am as I had other plans today.

I finally managed to get my phone at 11.15. There was nobody controlling the queue so people were jumping the line and delaying everyone else. Apple staff didn't want to know and couldn't care less. It seems its now a disadvantage to be British and have manners as 95% of the rude people fighting their way to the front were certainly of a foreign origin!

17. macrumors regular

I've been to Cabot Circus to queue for a launch before and had a good experience. This time, it was significantly busier and there were a few degenerates. Thankfully though Cabot Circus had a team of people managing the queue all night and morning and dealt swiftly with the scum (the queue was having none of it either).

So, not such a nice experience this time but very well managed by Cabot Circus

This could be to do with the Ops manager for the centre being someone who tends to be in the queue.

18. macrumors 68000

Wrong thread ;)

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1446271

Anybody know what the stock status is at the store(s) atm?

19. macrumors regular

Actually my post was intended for this thread, really to highlight the experience that we had at Cabot Circus and how it contrasted to the Cribbs Causeway store experience. This way people can make a more educated decision about what store to go to in the future for these events.

20. macrumors regular

I have queued for iphones ans ipads since Apple opened in Cabot and used to be commercial manager at Cabot Circus until last year, I was in the queue again yesterday also. Had a large group of scalpers by me who I kept an eye on and they always looked sheepish when any of the management came over to talk to me.

21. macrumors regular

Ah! Commercial Manager, I stand corrected. We queued together and chatted at the iPhone 3GS launch. I thought I saw/recognised you yesterday ahead in the line but had been a few years so wasn't too sure!

22. macrumors regular

Cool, should have said hi.