Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
My girlfriends rose gold 6s 64GB is ready to pick up from Vodafone

Will have fun helping her set things up

wdam123

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2015
London, England
Just been to the Apple Store and tested out the model phones on display. I noticed that general performance and 3D Touch is quite laggy on the 6S Plus. Remember that a few of you guys mentioned that as well. I wonder if it's hardware or software issue...

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Just been to the Apple Store and tested out the model phones on display. I noticed that general performance and 3D Touch is quite laggy on the 6S Plus. Remember that a few of you guys mentioned that as well. I wonder if it's hardware or software issue...
The display models are presently running iOS 9 (the latest being iOS 9.0.2).

I haven't had any lag with mine :)

iphonehype

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2012
I am finding it hard to reserve an iPhone 6s Plus 64 or 128GB via Apple

I can easily find iPhone 6s's or iPhone 6s Plus's 16GB.

Is it just me who's struggling?!

Reactions: Guv280984

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
Seems the seller has managed to get more stock of the 6/6S version. Just ordered 1 for my 6S. I'll probably never end up using it but can't complain for 1p.:)

Just checked my orders on Amazon and the price has now jumped up to £3.99 for both regular and plus versions. (After I placed my order fortunately).
I've just had an email from Amazon about my 1p (delivered using Amazon Prime) case...

"Your package has been posted through your letterbox"

:D

[Edit] - Scrub that, it was actually my Ringke Fusion that arrived! :p

[Edit 2] - There is a £0.01 charge spending on my Amex card, so it looks like the deal is going through. :)

Must.Stop.Ordering.Cases...

Last edited:

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
I am finding it hard to reserve an iPhone 6s Plus 64 or 128GB via Apple

I can easily find iPhone 6s's or iPhone 6s Plus's 16GB.

Is it just me who's struggling?!
I check each day at 6 and numerous times throughout the day for a 6s plus 128gb rose gold. Unfortunately my work means I am often not around an Apple Store until gone 7pm when I get home so I missed out this past Wednesday when my local had some in :(

Wish you could reserve not for that particularly day but the day after too!

Reactions: Guv280984

IamDave

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2015
United Kingdom
Anyone here upgraded from the 6+ to 6S+? I would be interested to hear your opinions on whether it's worth upgrading.

Only got my 6+ in April but contemplating the O2 tariff where you can upgrade to the new iPhone in 12 months time

RossMak

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
Anyone here upgraded from the 6+ to 6S+? I would be interested to hear your opinions on whether it's worth upgrading.

Only got my 6+ in April but contemplating the O2 tariff where you can upgrade to the new iPhone in 12 months time

How are you finding the 6+? I found mine quite laggy at times and the safari tabs reloading was an issue for me.

The 6S has so far eliminated my issues.

GrumpyTrucker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2014
I'll stick this one in here, since we've all been getting on so well :)

Anyone noticed anything different about the settings menu view this year? I don't know if this is a 6S thing or an iOS 9 thing but my Settings menu on my 6S Plus is a lot more zoomed than on my 6 Plus. No zoom features are active on either phone and any other app displays the same on both. However, it seems they might have done something to make the text more readable in the settings. Here, a side by side comparison.

Just struck me as odd.

EDIT: Actually, some other apps (Selenium for example) it appears also are displaying slightly zoomed on the 6S Plus. It's like the zoom setting is active, but it isn't

settings.jpg

Last edited:

iGeek2014

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2014
=== Nowheresville ===

The only time I was truly happy with the 6+ was using iOS 9 PB. It blew iOS 8 right out of the water. I can't give my own feedback on Safari tabs as I always close mine down.

iOS 9.0.2 is much better than 9/9.0.1. Battery life seems longer and there's no noticeable lag etc.

WojWojski

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
well it seems the 6s I returned via UPS drop off and collect never made it back to Apple. Had to provide proof and Apple are investigating but have now given me a refund as I supplied the proof of sending. Surprised at that thought UPS were reliable.

How did you manage to provide proof of return? When I returned my cases I just left it at the drop off shop and was astounded that they gave no receipt! She just took it off me, but in the end they have arrived safe and sound with Apple in Hinkley.

On the other hand of wearing cases - my brown leather one is darker at the sides, not from my jeans but from general dust! I still got the packaging for it but will they accept the wear? Tried baby wipes but nothing. Can anyone give any info on how returns work?

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
When I returned my cases I just left it at the drop off shop and was astounded that they gave no receipt!

I was shocked too when I recently returned something to Apple and didn't get a receipt. I made sure I noted the tracking number and checked the UPS page said "we have your item..." before I left the shop! :p

Furzul

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2013
Derbyshire, England
How did you manage to provide proof of return? When I returned my cases I just left it at the drop off shop and was astounded that they gave no receipt! She just took it off me, but in the end they have arrived safe and sound with Apple in Hinkley.

On the other hand of wearing cases - my brown leather one is darker at the sides, not from my jeans but from general dust! I still got the packaging for it but will they accept the wear? Tried baby wipes but nothing. Can anyone give any info on how returns work?

They should have given you a receipt. I would not have left the shop with out one.I returned something to Apple a couple of weeks ago at a drop off, and they gave me a receipt. And yes, it was via UPS.

WojWojski

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
I was shocked too when I recently returned something to Apple and didn't get a receipt. I made sure I noted the tracking number and checked the UPS page said "we have your item..." before I left the shop! :p

That's why I want clarification from judethat on how she proved it so she got her return. I was astounded when the lady @ UPS access point gave no receipt, I asked her for it but she said they don't issue one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.