UK iTunes User Needed.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jtyrrell, Apr 19, 2006.

1. jtyrrell macrumors newbie

Hello,

I live in the great land of Oz and I was wondering whether there is a UK iTunes user out there that would be able to purchase an album off the UK Music Store jHymn it and send it to me.. Big ask I know, but I am happy to pay for the persons troubles..

Thanks,

James

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

I'd suggest finding someone to "gift" it to you.

4. jtyrrell thread starter macrumors newbie

I know JHymn doesn't work anymore on 6.x but it still works on 5.x accounts. This is what I mean by paying for the trouble. Also gifting, that means I would need a UK account and I can't obtain a UK account without having a UK credit card.

Still looking for a UK iTunes user, so anyone who is a UK resident please reply, or if anyone cant think of an ingenious solution please respond.

Thanks,

James

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

According the the iTMS Gift FAQ, you do not need a credit card in order to redeem a gift certificate but you can't have an account (yet?). But, you do need to reside in the same country as the sender, so I was wrong there. Sorry. Gifting won't help you.

6. mannix87 macrumors 6502

you don't need to physically reside in the UK to open the account, you just need a valid UK address to register the account. You can get a UK gift certificate via ebay or if you have a friend who resides there who can buy it for you and give you the redemption codes.

7. Jaunty macrumors regular