Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

njean777

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2009
As I type this message from my 64GB 3rd gen Verizon iPad, I can honestly tell you that iOS is the absolute WORST operating system I've ever seen! EVER! It's so limited that if any of you ever really used any version of Android, you'd be shocked! That fact that it doesn't have flash renders this thing absolutely useless, and please don't mention those pathetic flash browsers on sell in the app store! Also don't mention jail braking the device cause if you have to hack the device just to get it to do basic stuff, by default that implies that the OS is useless! I really wish you iOS freaks would wake up!:mad:

Used all versions of android even jelly bean, and its still not as good as iOS. Flash is crap and always will be crap until somebody makes a better and more efficient player. So it missing from the iPad is no concern of mine as people usually make apps or make their website HTML 5 for the iPad/iphone. If you wanted a worse experience and wanted android you should have bought the samsung tablet or Transformer. I will say though the Nexus 7 looks to be the only good tablet aside from the Surface that is out right now other then of course the iPad.

iTard

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2012
Don't worry, I won't mention neither the Flash browsers nor jailbreaking. I will only say that the absolutely useless thing is Flash itself, so its absence from the iPad doesn't in any way make the iPad less useful.
1 - 0 is still 1
Flash is awesome. It lets you watch tons of videos in game related sites and lets you play flesh content games.

Missing flash? You are missing about 90% of browsing experience.

Why purposely go for inferior experience? Maybe because apple fanboys love mediocre products with less functionality.

:cool::cool:

trouble747

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2011
Good lord, all the shrieking about "apple fanboys"!

I wouldn't count myself as a "fanboy" because I don't care whether you use an Apple product or a Samsung product or whatever, I'm sure they all have positive and negative qualities. But I mean, this would be the place for such "fanboys," right? It's more difficult to figure out why so angry apple detractors hang out on these boards...

metal.gunjee

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2012
"However, the High Court dismissed Apple’s arguments by referring to approximately 50 examples of prior art, or designs that were previously created or patented, from before 2004. These include the Knight Ridder (1994), the Ozolin (2004), and HP’s TC1000 (2003). The court found numerous Apple design features to lack originality, and numerous identical design features to have been visible in a wide range of earlier tablet designs from before 2004.

This is innovation? Please...

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
I'm afraid, Apple is going about this badly. What's at issue here is :-
  • customer walks into electronics shop
  • asks to buy an iPad/iPhone
  • customer is shown Samsung rip off and told "it's as good as an iPad"
  • not told - sales-stooge gets better kick-back from Samsung
  • walks away with half-arsed tablet and thinks iPads are stupid and dumb too
  • Apple's business is harmed

None of which is illegal to my knowledge.

This is why Apple spends so much money on TV advertising for the iPhone/iPad so customers are better informed before they walk into the store.

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
Flash is awesome. It lets you watch tons of videos in game related sites and lets you play flesh content games.

Missing flash? You are missing about 90% of browsing experience.

Why purposely go for inferior experience? Maybe because apple fanboys love mediocre products with less functionality.

:cool::cool:

You don't get it. Real Apple fans only visit apple.com, MR and AppleInsider and those use Flash only for ads. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.