UK keyboard in the US?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sesshi, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Is it possible to order a Mac (notebook) with a UK keyboard in the US?

2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Is the difference in layout that great? Wow...learn something new everyday. (I mean I figured the pound sign would replace the dollar sign, but any other differences?)

I wanted to order a Spanish layout keyboard while I was writing tons of accents for my Spanish class...but eventually I just switched it to Spanish layout in the system and memorized where the keys where. But I realy didn't use symbols that much, so that would be harder if you need to do that.

I was told I would have to go to México to get a Spanish layout or order one off of eBay...I'm pretty sure you can't order through the Apple Store UK and have it shipped here.

3. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Wow...there really are a lot of differences in how the symbols are arranged. I figured one or two changes, but there are a lot and a lot harder to memorize their locations because you probably would't use them all every day.

4. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Have you tried calling Apple and asking or ordering a keyboard from the UK store?

5. T-Stex macrumors 6502

Which notebook are you looking at? Aren't the MacBook Pro keyboards easily replaceable? If so, you could just order a UK keyboard off of eBay or somewhare, and replace it yourself, and set the layout to UK. If you're thinking about the MacBook, you might have a harder time.