UK MacExpo Olympia: Anybody else going?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Blue Velvet, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

MacExpo show at London Olympia on the 27-28-29 October 2005.

http://www.mac-expo.co.uk/

I registered for a ticket a while ago. Anybody else here thinking of going along?

I'm also starting to get auto-emails for the MacWorld conference but am unsure... The price is a little steep though.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/conference/

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I have a ticket registered but was going to go on the Saturday (unless it's open later on the Friday) but now that's the day I fly to San Francisco so it's looking less likely. I missed last year's because I couldn't face the idea after the Apple Store opening; I just wanted sleep!

3. Blue Velvet thread starter Moderator emeritus

Shame... anyone else?

I'm not definitely 100% up for it yet, though. Gotta get back to work and see how the workload is first before I plan to take time off. Want to go though.

4. iGav macrumors G3

I always sign up for the free ticket, :D but it's rare that I go.

There's just nothing for me to go for... (though it would be lovely to meet you Blue of course) but I don't need to see the seminars, the freebies are usually pitiful and I'm not buying any hardware until we go Intel. :D

What MacExpo London needs is a keynote by Jobs, and a hardware launch... :D

5. mpw Guest

Is that looking more likely with the quotes recently that the UK is a big growth area?

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Ditto. I might go this year. Not sure yet...

When is it again?

7. iGary Guest

iGary

8. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

Exactly. That's why I've just got back from Paris. And we all know what a let-down that's turned out to be!! (black tarp hiding a .Mac update, sheesh - you had to be there to feel the full force of the disappointment, believe me).

Still, had a pleasant couple of days out there and met some nice people - even Parisians! But it's burned me off Apple Expos so much that I will probably revise my plan to go to MWSF in January.

9. Blue Velvet thread starter Moderator emeritus

I know... in the past, it has been a little sad but a couple of years ago I won a free copy of Acrobat Pro 6 by geekily knowing the release date of Acrobat 5. :rolleyes:

But what with Apple's EU HQ moving to London soon, we may, just may, see the Steve at some point. I've just got a hunch... (and yes, my back's fine)

Personally, I'm hoping to see or get a hands-on demo of Quark 7 as they'll be exhibiting this year.

iGary: I'm afraid even a mani(m)ac like you would be a little disappointed by London MacExpo. It's such a shame that such an important global city can't do better although the move from Islington to Olympia is a good one, I feel.

10. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

Well a mate who went last year has got free tickets, but I think the guy who went with him last year can't make it, so it's worth a try :D If not I'm probably going anyway.

::20ROGERSC::

11. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

I'll be going on the Saturday. I'm happy to meet up if anyone wants :)

12. Blue Velvet thread starter Moderator emeritus

I'm a little confused. I thought it was just on the Thursday and Friday hence the work problems... Saturday sounds more practical.

I'll bookmark this thread and check in on it in a couple of weeks time once I know what I'm doing and will PM/email anyone who may want to meet up.

13. dcv macrumors G3

Well it's in my neck of the woods so I might pop along and see what all the fuss is about :)

14. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    The Macworld bit that you pay for is only Thurs/Fri. The Expo part with the freebie ticket is on Thurs to Sat, I think.

15. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

I'll be going on the Saturday I think, though I'll be working nearby then so if it's open late a trip in the evening may suffice. Be cool to go on the first day as it would mean avoiding the punishing page refresh madness of yesterday!

Who nose, we may get to see something amazing like a new version of stuffit expander!

16. StokeLee macrumors 6502

StokeLee

I might go,, because i need my geek fix,,, i was goign to go to THE STATE OF PLAY at the nec about the xbox, but it looks likes its been cancelled, and ive even had my tickets, so,, i mite just go and change them for the uk mac expo,,,, so if any one wants to let me and prob my mate crash in london, please let me know :p lol

17. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

i do want to, i am still considering it....i shall be buying a ticket but if im snowed under with work, i may not be able to attend.

if i do, see you there!

tastic

18. UberMac macrumors 6502

Well I signed up for the free ticket on offer at the moment - but I will need to see if I can find one of my geekier friends to come down to London with me for one of the days. Certainly won't be going for the conference this year though.

Nice to see (whether this was on purpose or not) that they have put it in the middle of a school holiday so I can make it on a weekday this year. I'm still a little confused abotu which days it is on though...ah well