UK Orange users....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jbrown, Nov 3, 2012.

  1. macrumors 6502a

    jbrown

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2002
    Location:
    London
    #1
    Are you going to swith to the EE LTE 4G service, and if so on what tariff?

    I currently am paying £31 per month with 1Gig download on 3G.

    A bit pissed of they want an extra £10 per month to go to LTE 4G and keep the data limit :mad::mad:

    Plus I hear that the speeds aren't that much better.....:confused:
     
  2. macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2012
    Location:
    London
    #2
    daylight robbery. stay well away from it. When the other networks get their license to roll 4G then consider it. It is a monopoly now for Orange & Tmo and offcon shouldve never allowed it to happen
     
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

    jbrown

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2002
    Location:
    London
    #3
    Thats what I think really...I don't do a lot of hi-level streaming...so the ( alleged ) speed gain will not really be that much benifit....I reckon I'll hold on
    until real competition kicks in...just annoying.:mad:
     
  4. macrumors regular

    BanterClaus

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2011
    Location:
    UK
    #4
    I don't live anywhere near a big city so it'll probably be at least a year before there is 4G in my town. I therefore have pretty much no reason to switch.
     
  5. macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2010
    #5
    I just switched to T-Mobile with unlimited everything for 21 per month SIM only on iphone 4S. I am getting speeds of up to 10 Mbps, i never saw more than 3Mbps with previous O2 experience. I tried 3 which seem to get good press and was shocked at speeds of 300 kbps download. Why would i want to pay for 4G available today as well as the cost of another device. I think EE have been investing heavily in their 3G network as well.
     

    Attached Files:

  6. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2009
    #6
    I'm with orange but not moving to EE...yet. For a start I'd have to pay more and secondly I'd have to sign another two year contract when I've only got 9 months left on this one so really don't see the point in me doing it. Will assess the 4G options when I get to upgrade in the summer.
     

Share This Page