Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

0dev

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
I've been on Three's One Plan for a few months and, while the deal is very good, Three has spotty coverage in my area, bad customer service, and a few consistant problems. For example, my data connection often cuts out, forcing me to turn airplane mode on and off again, and although I've disabled the internet access filter it still blocks me from getting onto some sites (not all of the ones that're on the block list, just a few, go figure.)

Anyway, I'm looking to move, but here's the issue - without signing up to a long commitment, I can't find another network that offers a good deal. All I really care about is unlimited data and tethering. If I have that and just a few hundred texts and minutes I'm happy.

I've scoured the websites for T-Mobile, Orange, Vodafone and O2 and found nothing (although I want to avoid O2 anyway, they're even worse than Three for data coverage in my area). Most of their plans have limited data and, although T-Mobile do offer one 30 day plan with unlimited data, even that doesn't allow tethering.

So I ask, is there another network which can give me unlimited tethering without a long contract?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.