UK PowerBook Availability

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by robbieduncan, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I am in the market for a nice new 15" PowerBook (lucky me). I was going to get one tax free at Dixons in Gatwick when I fly to Aberdeen tomorrow but I called them earlier and it didn't sound good. The only Macs they have in stock are G3 iBooks and they don't have any PowerBooks in their warehouse. I asked about paying for it and having them deliver it when they get them but the guy said they couldn't do that (but I could talk to the manager tomorrow if I wanted). So looks like my plan to save £300 is out :(

So I looked on the Apple Store and it said 2-3 weeks! Micro-Anvica have a status of pre-order. Dabs say less than <1 week for stock. Anyone know of anywhere in the UK that actually has some?

2. Guest

caveman_uk

3. macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Apple does say 3 weeks but i ordered mine and it came within 2 weeks, normally i would of have to of waited for 4 weeks. 3 Weeks then a week to deliver.

This came on thursday as well.

4. thread starter Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The only SuperDrive model I see available there is a refurb (yet full price!) I'll see what Dixons say tomorrow. If no go I'll order from Dabs on 12 months interest free credit (not really needed but a nice option).