1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

UK PowerBook Availability

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by robbieduncan, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Moderator

robbieduncan

Staff Member

I am in the market for a nice new 15" PowerBook (lucky me). I was going to get one tax free at Dixons in Gatwick when I fly to Aberdeen tomorrow but I called them earlier and it didn't sound good. The only Macs they have in stock are G3 iBooks and they don't have any PowerBooks in their warehouse. I asked about paying for it and having them deliver it when they get them but the guy said they couldn't do that (but I could talk to the manager tomorrow if I wanted). So looks like my plan to save £300 is out :(

So I looked on the Apple Store and it said 2-3 weeks! Micro-Anvica have a status of pre-order. Dabs say less than <1 week for stock. Anyone know of anywhere in the UK that actually has some?

2. Guest

caveman_uk

3. macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Apple does say 3 weeks but i ordered mine and it came within 2 weeks, normally i would of have to of waited for 4 weeks. 3 Weeks then a week to deliver.

This came on thursday as well.

4. Moderator

robbieduncan

Staff Member

The only SuperDrive model I see available there is a refurb (yet full price!) I'll see what Dixons say tomorrow. If no go I'll order from Dabs on 12 months interest free credit (not really needed but a nice option).