UK Pre-orders, who's ordered and who's planning on camping?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Spanky Deluxe, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Ok, so I managed to get one of the Amazon.co.uk pre-orders today.

Wii + Wii Sports
    Wii Play (with Wiimote)
    Zelda

I wanted an extra Nunchuck but it wouldn't let me order one. :(

Who else has ordered and who's going to camp anywhere for one?

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Do they camp in the UK ? Other than a couple of cities, most people have more sense ;)

Notice Amazon have the cheapest Wii games online at the mo at £35.

I hope play.com & others follow suit soon.

3. Spanky Deluxe thread starter macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I wouldn't have thought they camp because I haven't seen any places advertising them for sale without pre-orders. I went into Game yesterday and I didn't see a single mention of the Wii anywhere. Places like Toys 'r Us might have queues though. Amazon reckons they can deliver it to me on release day so I'm cool with that. They sold out in about a minute though. I really want an extra nunchuck!

4. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

I missed the Amazon pre-orders this morning (remembered at 9.33... already too late:mad: ) but did manage to pre-order at Woolies... they still guarantee release date availability to pre-orders thankfully. And I can pick it up from my local store on the day!
    Also ordered Wii Play and a Nuncuk. I'll get Red Steel as well, but that can wait I think...

5. Spanky Deluxe thread starter macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Hmmm... I might head over to Woolies at some point this week and see if I can pre-order a nunchuck. The Amazon pre-order actually started about 9:25 so you only just missed out! I was sat there refreshing the page every second for half an hour. My girlfriend was getting irritated with me because I kept going "come on, come on...". She doesn't get the whole games console thing. I'm looking forward to handing her a wiimote and playing some wii tennis!! :-D

BTW for anyone in the EU getting a Wii, I recommend getting a Wii Play. The US folk aren't getting them but they're really good value for money.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

yep £29.99 for a wii remote or £32.99-34.99 for wii play & remote is a no brainer :)

Does it make up for a lack of Trauma Center, Elebits, Excite Truck though ?

7. Spanky Deluxe thread starter macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Couldn't give a poo about Excite Truck. I do really want Trauma Centre though since I don't have a DS and haven't played any of it yet. :( To be honest I wouldn't have got the Wii Play if it wasn't this cheap. The duck hunt like game looks fun and Laser Hockey soundds fun but I'll have to wait and see. I'm counting it more as a freebie game like Wii Sports. Its cool that it uses the Mii characters thogh. I hadn't heard of Elebits until you mentioned it, it looks cool!

I take it the Wii's region locked too so ordering an import of Trauma Centre won't do me any good for now. :(

BTW I just spoke to Amazon.co.uk. They had 2200 Wiis for sale today. Sold out in around 1 minute. The site errored because they sold out of nunchucks and wiimotes too. The lady said to me "Wow, you actually managed to get one, congratulations!". :D

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

jeez they did go fast for that many.

9. cartoonfox macrumors regular

cartoonfox

Wow, I knew the Amazon UK pre-orders would go fast, but wow!

I already pre-ordered mine at Currys. I was lucky number 7!
    And I've pre-ordered Zelda and a componant cable off Amazon. So I don't have to worry about finding them both in the morning of 8th.

Wooo only 16 days to go!!

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

My Wii is pre-ordered through play.com, extra controller and nunchuck. Twilight Princess coming via Shoptoo or something like that.

11. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Bugger... damn brain cells not firing properly! :D
    She'll understand... oh, yes... she'll understand ;) :D

:eek: One Minute?!?!?!?! :eek:

12. Spanky Deluxe thread starter macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I've ordered a nunchuck through www.powerplaydirect.com. I'm not so sure about them though, they've got really good prices but they say nothing about delivery times. Both Wii Play and Zelda are several quid cheaper with them with free delivery but Amazon specifically say that they are working hard with Royal Mail to deliver on release day. Hence why I've only ordered the nunchuck through them. It'll still piss me off if I don't have the nunchuck on the same day I get the rest.

I've heard other people say 2 minutes but it definitely wasn't longer than that. 1-2 minutes tops. At least 1000 per minute though!!

13. stubaker87 macrumors newbie

hello, i'm Stu and i'm new btw.

Just thoguht i'd share with you lot that I managed to get a pre-order from amazon.co.uk yesterday... refreshing for half an hour though. I got mine around 9.35... I dont think they sold out as fast as everyone says. Never 1-2 mins but still very quick.

I did have a pre-order with play.com from sept 15th and I still didnt get 1 with them:eek:

I've ordered my games from play tho zelda, red steel and mario (for xmas:D )

Do u think they can keep up with demand for games as they screwed up with the console?

I hear amazon only had 2200? surely it must've been more? I must count myself very very lucky:D

14. stubaker87 macrumors newbie

another thing.... woolies have been taking pre-orders for a good 4 weeks now... I thought about getting mine from them... I pre-ordered 1 and emailed them asking if they have a large stock for release date. I got a reply saying they do.

I was picky enough to ask them whether or not I would receive mine for release day. they said due to a high number of orders they couldnt guarantee.

balls... I thought I might gamble on getting 1 from amazon and thank God I did. I've now cancelled my order with woolies;)

also what's all this about tickets from game and gamestation that say people are guaranteed a wii?

sorry for all the questions

15. Butters macrumors 6502

I've pre-ordered an extra nunchuck that I don't actually need

I'm thinking of selling it instead of going ahead and buying another wiimote so that it's useful cause £30 + £15 is a lot for a controller.

So if anybody wants to make an offer on it? please feel free :)

16. cheekyspanky macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

I tried to pre order on Amazon, did the whole refresh thing while feeling annoyed they didn't put it live at 9am like they said!

Managed to get the pre order screen, clicked the button...and "the product you have selected is out of stock" gah.

Oh well, deleted my Wii stuff from my Amazon list, if I see one in a shop I'll get one, otherwise I think I might just wait til they release a black version so it matches my DS. Already got an Xbox 360 and just bought a HDTV so will save my pennies for a while :)

17. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

You sure about that? Woolies state that it is guaranteed delivery on the week of release - and if this fact has changed then its simply false advertising, no matter what their excuse. Other retailers if unsure will simply note at point of ordering that they can't guarantee... Woolies are doing no such thing.

[​IMG]

You should have kept that pre-order....

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I mentioned in the Wii Faqs thread that GameStation will be opening at midnight for the Wii. I don't think this includes GS shops inside shopping centres.

I'm going just to get Wii Play :D

Bad news for Littlewoods too. The catalogue won't be sending out Wii's on launch, but should be there before Christmas.

19. Lau Guest

We've got a pre-order from Gamestation, and apparently they phone you if you're one of the early ones who get it on release night, otherwise you go in (I presume) the next day or something. I don't think the Edinburgh GS is sure if they're opening at midnight, so we'll see. There's no chance I'm standing around for more than 15 minutes in the cold, so if we get a phone call we'll maybe go for a drink in town that evening and then toddle down Gamestation at midnightish or something.

We're getting Wii Play, Wii Sports, Zelda and Raving Rabbits, and an extra nunchuck thingumy. I'm really looking forward to it — not enough to queue in the pissing freezing rain, but enough to wander down at midnight, or at least to try and get it before the weekend.

20. Spanky Deluxe thread starter macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Welcome Stu!! We always like new members!! :)

I swear it was under two minutes. I was refreshing every second (I went on a rampage around the house to make sure no one was downloading a thing) and clicked the pre-order thing. Then the site errored when I tried confirming my order. I clicked back and the pre-order had gone. I refreshed and it was there again. Pre-ordered, put in all my details and it seemed to go through. I didn't trust it all so I searched for the Wii again and pre-ordered again (I figured I could always cancel one) and it seemed to go through. I then went back to the Wii page and it said sold out. All that took place in under two minutes for sure. Amazon only counted 1 pre order although my wish list says I've received 3 Wiis. Wishful thinking!
    Also yeah they had 2200, the Amazon rep I called to ask about the nunchucks said so and she was one switched on rep I can tell you!

Butters, how many wiimotes and nunchucks are you getting then? If you haven't picked up Wii Play then I'd recommend getting it.

21. IscariotJ macrumors 6502a

I pre-ordered from a Game store the last week in September; no 34, though there's no mention of how many they're getting per-store :(

I've got a bundle with Zelda, but I'm quite tempted with Super Monkey Ball, too.

22. stubaker87 macrumors newbie

Yea... I asked them if they could guarantee for the day of release... they said they couldnt, so I went elsewhere.

I pre-ordered from woolies a good week before this pic came on their homepage.

I just want it for release, cos i'm a little child:D