UK price hints for mini-iPod & battery replacement.

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by toontra, Jan 16, 2004.

1. toontra macrumors 6502

The deputy head of Apple Europe (sorry, forgot his name!) was interviewed on 5Live radio this morning. He said that the expected price of mini-iPods is £200 (as expected).
    He also said the battery replacement programme will be available in the UK sometime in the spring, and that the price will be decided nearer the time, but was expected to be in the range of £100-£150 (what's the betting it will be nearer £150!).
    The interviewer did point out that, taking into account the current exchange rates, the mini-iPod should cost roughly £140 and the battery replacement about £60. The Apple guy's reply was that "other factors", including VAT, had to be taken into account.
    A question to those in the US: when you buy an mini-iPod for, say, $250, do you pay sales tax on top of that?

2. sparks9 macrumors 6502a

3. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

Re: UK price hints for mini-iPod & battery replacement.

Typically, yes, if bought in person at a store, or from the Apple Online Store. However, we can order from websites like MacMall, and not get charged sales tax.

4. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

i think the answer is yes. Most states now have an Apple Store. But then again the internet tax depends upon if the company has a warehouse in your state. If they do you would then have the tax applied. I think that is right.

5. TMA macrumors 6502a

TMA

iPod Mini (US) = $250 = £140
    iPod Mini (UK) = $305 = £170

BOTH prices are excluding tax. Apple UK's quoted prices include Tax (i.e on the Apple store) so £200 subtract tax is around £170

Just incase anyone was wondering. :(