UK Refurbs store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by bollard, Sep 14, 2005.

1. bollard macrumors regular

It isn't up yet at 10.54 should be open at 10.00 also says they've got deals every day up to 3rd Oct. Can anyone else get in to the refurb store ???

2. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Nope, can't get in. Seems a bit behind schedule but I guess they must have lots to get rid of if it's open till everyday for the next 3 weeks. Did anyone say new products at Expo....

Edit: Now open at 11.30am with the full complement of iBooks, Powerbooks and Powermacs.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I didn't even know that the UK got their own refurb store until very recently. :rolleyes:

Wish they had one in every country. Surely Canadians and Australians (for example) make returns on Apple products?

4. yoak macrumors 65816

yoak

And Norwegians...
    Maybe they could have a joint Scandinavian refurb store :rolleyes:

5. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Up until about a month ago, you could hardly call it a 'store' though, so that's fair enough on your part. :)

6. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

The front page was broken when I looked. Try this direct link

EDIT: Oh the button's appeared since I looked. Nevermind

7. chucknorris macrumors 6502a

chucknorris

Government subsidies provide Apple Norway with an enormous incinerator into which go the defective Macs. ;)

8. Lincoln macrumors regular

Lincoln

I'm glad we have one

I got myself a refurb Dual 2.3 G5 PowerMac from the refurb store last week, although it should have taken 8 days before despatch, it was sent the next day.

You cannot tell that it is a refurb, there are no cosmetic defects at all. I put an extra 2GB of memory in that I nicked from my PC - couldn't believe it was compatible and I also installed the Maxtor (16MB cache) SATA drive from it too. It also drives the DELL 20" Monitor rather well too, although there is no surprise there (I know some of you consider this as blaspehmy).

All I need now is to get a bluetooth dongle (ebuyer is cheapest in UK, half the Apple price including postage); and after my credit card has a rest I'll get an ATI X800 grphics card too (I think that I can get these from a UK based refurb store too - not Apple).

To summarize I am well chuffed with my new desktop, to get a tested full Spec Apple at 20% off is a bargain :) . BTW it rips through my 16bit RAW images + loads of layers (I like Photokit Sharpener) in Photoshop CS2. I couldn't believe how much faster it is over my Powerbook. :D

9. JoeKarame macrumors regular

JoeKarame

I'm desperately hoping they have some of the first generation Mac Minis in some time - or at least some which are going cheaper. If I can bag one for under £300, then it'd be a nice second machine to put underneath my TV!

Some good 15" PBs on there though!

10. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

Has anyone been able to access the refurb store today?

Seems like somebody forgot to tell them to keep it open!

Steve

11. JupiterTwo macrumors 6502

JupiterTwo

The front page of the store is down, but the real page is up (see the link that caveman_uk posted). Nothing different from yesterday, though they have some iBooks back in stock.

12. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

Ahhh. I didn't spot that.

Thanks very much.
    Steve