UK refurbs

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by stevep, Mar 9, 2005.

1. stevep macrumors 6502a

stevep

There seem to be very few entries on the Wednesday refurb list, not just today but most weeks. Are there other outlets for refurbs in the UK (eg at the Regent St store, where they have loads of machines on display).

(This has probably been asked before but my searches can't locate anything.)

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

refurb store is customer returns and problem machines that have gone in for repair by apple , or sometimes when they have overstock in ie iPods that are old generations .

i visit the refurb store every Wednesday at 10.01 and if they do not have anything in then they do not have anything in !

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Not on a regular reliable basis.

It's generally easier to get an old revision on the store or from an authorised reseller than it is to get a genuine refurb.

I did read that Apple's main portable repairer had gone under so they were encouraging things to be fixed in local service centres - perhaps that might be a reason for the lack of portables on it?

4. monty77 macrumors 6502

UK refurb options are very limited it would seem compared to the US at least.

Another reseller of refurb stock is: http://www.cancomuk.com

..but IMO their refurbs are seriously overpriced.

Adam

5. stevep thread starter macrumors 6502a

stevep

I agree. Have just tried to phone the Apple store in Regent St to ask them what they do with their ex-demo machines, but their call waiting system was just that - waiting! They must have 60 - 80 machines on display, which they must replace from time to time.