UK Resident Wishes to Purchase US iTMS Tracks

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Kardashian, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Hello. I live in the UK, and would like to purchase around 3 songs a week from the iTunes Music Store, in the US. Is there anybody in the US with an account who could help? Or if anybody else has any sugggestions, please email me or IM me. Thanks!:D :confused:

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Here's a suggestion - order an iTunes gift card from the US Amazon site and get it sent to you. Then you can happily order til your credit runs out and re-order a new one.

Bear in mind though that the iTMS agreement does limit you to your own country.

3. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Already tried...

Amazon.com don't have any for sale - I have already checked :(. I can sign up to a NEW iTMS Account - and use a US address that I know - the only problem is, I need a US credit card or US music token / gift card to actually buy. Any ideas or anyone wishing to sell one, swap an account etc?

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

you can pay pal me the money and i'll mail one to you.

5. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

How Generous!

Skyblue thats so nice of you, Americans are lovely people, lol. I have jus paid $22 for a $15 card on Amazon Marketplace, just awaiting the code. FIngers Crossed :D

6. iminimac macrumors regular

7. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I've Done It!

I purchased a $15 Music Store Card off a reseller on Amazon.com, had the code e-mail to me, then I clicked 'Redeem' in the US iTMS, when it asked for my Account name, I clicked on 'Create New', entered a fictional address, and voila - I have an account, registered in the US, based in the UK, with $15 of Credit that can be topped up anytime! :D

8. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Nice! I've been thinking of a way to get stuff of iTMS US so this is perfect! Congrats mate.

9. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Actually I'm English I just moved to the US, so i have an English and US bank account so i get two free songs a week!
    $22 for a $15 card? man you got ripped off!

10. yogamonkey macrumors 6502

yogamonkey

This sounds like a great way for us in the UK to get access to all those lovely US iTMS goodies like Lost!

Once you have created the fictional US address and used the credit, how do you top up? Will you have to keep buying them from Amazon?

I'm going to the US in March so if this works I may bring a few cards back with me!!

Sky Blue, if the offer is still there I'd be interested in trying this out.