UK Shipping Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by RobbieL, Jan 23, 2007.

1. RobbieL macrumors member

I bit the bullet and bought my first Mac (a macbook) last Wednesday, and ever since have been waiting eagerly for it to arrive.

TNT seem to be the delivery company, so have been keeping a close eye on their "track n' trace" feature. All I can say is that my Macbook is very well travelled. From China, to Holland, and apparently arrived in Northampton this afternoon.

My question is, from your experience, how long till the Macbook arrives at my door from when it arrives in Northampton? I'm in Dundee, Scotland, so I'm assuming it'll be sometime tomorrow (Wednesday, 24th). If anyone is able to shed a little light on the situation, that'd be great.

2. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

it will probably be tomorrow..

check the tnt site tomorrow morning to confirm :)

i hope you enjoy the mac experience and welcome to the forums!

3. RobbieL thread starter macrumors member

Great stuff!

Looks like I'll be taking tomorrow off. :)

4. RobbieL thread starter macrumors member

Just one other thing. Do TNT deliver everything from their Northampton depo, or will the Macbook be sent to a TNT depo closer to me and then delivered from there?

5. abrooks macrumors 6502a

Depends where you live.

But if TNT are anything like Citylink then movements between depots are made during the night, usually showing up on the tracking system in the early hours of the morning and then it will show as "out for delivery", that means it's on its way! :D

6. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

Given that it usually takes them about a week to ship from Cumbernauld to Paisley...

...you can't be sure of anything.

In my experience (three Macs and two other orders), Apple shipping is just god-awful. If there were an alternative I would never order anything from the Apple online store. Will be glad when the Glasgoe store opens up.

7. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

"out for delivery" does not guarentee it will in fact be delivered. As I discovered with my own MacBook.

A week of it being "out for deliery" before it was delivered. :rolleyes:

8. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

In my experience Apple orders always arrive on the original estimated date, or up to a couple of days before. The various tracking facilities are pretty useless until that wonderful morning when you find out your package is out for delivery :)

9. Jht macrumors member

My mini came next day with TNT last month, from apple store

10. RobbieL thread starter macrumors member

Argh! Can't seem to access my tracking order details to check the if TNT has updated the status.

The Apple store seems to be back up, but that Bridge-Point web object they those to give the tracking details keeps spitting "The requested application was not found on this server." out at me.

Anyone else experiencing a similiar problem?

11. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

what's your TNT url?

12. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

that's unreal..

usually it means exactly what it says.. should of called up tnt to find out wtf was going on instead of waiting the week..

13. RobbieL thread starter macrumors member

No idea. Can't get as for as that, as I can't get hold of my consignment number.

14. RobbieL thread starter macrumors member

Hazzah! Managed to finally get in, and apparently the sucka' is "Out For Delivery" as of 8:27am!

Dang, scared to get for a shower incase I miss the delivery man. :p

15. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

just get in the damn shower u stinker.. u wouldn't want to meet your macbook in such a dirty state would you? :eek:

it's your first date, so wise up :D

16. alFR macrumors 68020

The tracking does seem pretty useless: according to the Appletrack website (www.apecode.com/appletrack) my order arrived at the euro distribution centre early yesterday and has been handed over to the courier, but there's been no update on the Apple store and I can't track it any further through TNT or UPS. Some people seem to report that their orders arrive before the tracking updates though!

Basically I have no idea when it'll arrive, apart from the original Apple estimate of the 25th, but I can't see that being right as it's got to meet up with the rest of my order (wherever that happens) and then get to me. Must... resist.. checking... order... status... :)

17. RobbieL thread starter macrumors member

As of 1:30pm today, I can call myself a Mac user. :)

Yeah, it arrived on time, and all I can say is "Wow!". Everything from the packaging to the laptop design is just so damn sexy, and I can't wait to use it at Uni and laugh at all those bulky Acer users! :p

It is very strange using a different OS, and slightly overwhelming to be honest. Not entirely sure where everything is, but I'm sure over time I'll get the hang of things. Sadly, due to Uni, I'm probably going to have to install XP on a seperate partition, but will try to avoid it if possible.

And yes, I am posting this from my Macbook. Dang, i'm so giddy. :)

18. Lunja macrumors 6502

Lunja