UK Shroomers

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MentalFabric, Feb 8, 2005.

1. MentalFabric macrumors 6502

MentalFabric

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Online petitions are so well known for causing governments to change their minds...[​IMG]

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Heh-heh

Tried some Hawaiian ones I bought from Portobello Market... most disappointing.

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Those are still legal there???

(And BTW, it's not magic that makes those mushrooms work...) ;)

5. MentalFabric thread starter macrumors 6502

MentalFabric

The best mushrooms are found in camden - I'd start with Thai :-D of course, what they do is highly dependant upon your state of mind and surroundings - your mind is more present than the outside world :)

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

UK law is full of loopholes on shrooms.

Apparently, it is only illegal to make a preparation...

Ahh, this explains it better.

When I purchased mine, I was unable to ask how best to take them or anything that related to dosage, effects, preparing them etc.

7. MentalFabric thread starter macrumors 6502

MentalFabric

Technically the psycobilin is illegal, but damp shrooms 'unprepared' for consumption are still legal.

I don't really mind what makes them work, they're incredible for self-speculation :)

8. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Hmm... just up the road from work :)

9. MentalFabric thread starter macrumors 6502

MentalFabric

Some of the retailers in Camden actually sell stronger shrooms than you tend to get in Amsterdam, it's really a thriving market :) I'd go for the none-pre-packaged varieties that look most blue ;-) blue = psycobilin

10. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Sorry. Could you please clarify that sentence? The non-pre-packaged bit...
    Every time I reread it, it means something different...

11. MentalFabric thread starter macrumors 6502

MentalFabric

heh, sorry about that, i mean ones that aren't already packed on display in certain sized containers, the best places will allow you to choose a size, package it for you then show you how much it weighs :)

12. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Although I'm sure I read something recently where the police had found another loophole to mean that you couldn't cultivate them unless you'd just happened across them.

Selling 'shroom kits was OK since they weren't prepared and just a 'pretty' cultivation.... but now it seems it's not. And the new Drugs Bill might make fresh one illegal too

http://www.tdpf.org.uk/Policy_General_Mushrooms.htm

Interestingly, if you sell fresh mushrooms, you are required to declare them for the purposes of VAT at 17.5% since they're classed as a drug and not a food?!?

13. MentalFabric thread starter macrumors 6502

MentalFabric

You can still buy shroom kits, i'm thinking of getting a few before they decide whether or not to crack down :)

I think they really need to wonder whether it's worth the extra policing. thousands of people have discovered mushrooms recently, and it doesn't look like anything bad is happening as a result. I wonder when they'll investigate why they want to make it illegal :p

14. aloofman macrumors 68020

aloofman

I think it's funny that druggies only become motivated by efforts to deprive them of the substances that they use to become unmotivated. :D

15. russed macrumors 68000

russed

hehe, clever! :)

16. MentalFabric thread starter macrumors 6502

MentalFabric

I practise kung fu, play guitar/sing/produce music, design clothes and follow many fascinations. I wouldn't call myself unmotivated, but i would call myself a druggy ^.^ :p

17. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

How cool are you :rolleyes:

18. MentalFabric thread starter macrumors 6502

MentalFabric

Hey, I'm not the one attacking peoples beliefs here.

19. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I'm not attacking your beliefs. Saying that "but i would call myself a druggy" is not something that in my opinion is particularly clever is all.

20. MentalFabric thread starter macrumors 6502

MentalFabric

the "^.^ :p" was supposed to signal mild humour, but IMO people are most healthy taking drugs say every other weekend, personal opinion. Even if you don't think being a 'druggy' is clever, do you support the human being's right to take drugs if we feel like it as long as we're no harm to anyone else?
    I'm pretty sure no-one illegalising them knows how to use them :)

21. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I couldn't care less what you, or anyone else takes, so long as it doesn't effect anyone else...but sadly, that probably isn't the case 99% of the time :rolleyes:

Anyway, we're getting a bit serious here, we're only talking magic mushrooms anyway :)

22. russed macrumors 68000

russed

personally i would say it is most healthy not to take them at all, but hey thats a different matter!

23. MentalFabric thread starter macrumors 6502

MentalFabric

The natural drugs (shrooms, peyote, weed etc.) are a lot more healthy than dirty chemicals people take in clubs - in most parts of the world hallucinogens used to be used when you 'come of age' as a spiritual, inward journey. I think it's a shame that we've lost that part of our culture.

24. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

It's been replaced by a plastic bottle of White Lightning in the bus-stop with your mates...

25. MentalFabric thread starter macrumors 6502

MentalFabric

White Lightning being a health drink?

Personally, I chose to just go with the spiritual inward journey :D