Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steven Jackson

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2006
Lincoln, U.K.
UK store is still down (9:40pm). That seems like a long time for routine maintenance. It also seems like a long time just to add a product or adjust a few prices...

...but please, PLEASE, let it be iLife and iWork...

Steve.

Steven Jackson

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2006
Lincoln, U.K.
Sorry, please ignore than nonsense. I was under the mistaken impression that the first post was made a few hours ago, but I've just noiticed it was only about 30 minutes ago.

Soz.

Steve.

Steven Jackson

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2006
Lincoln, U.K.
I suppose if it was anything earth-shattering, like iLife or iWork, the front page would also be down for an update... or doesn't that happen -- does it just flip from old to new?

Apple are turning me into a nervous wreck.

Steve.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
9.48 pm london UK time :) yes it's down for me.

Is it down for you too?

---------

Shouldn't the title of this thread be "UK Store is DOWN!" singular not "Stores Are DOWN!!" plural? Maybe a mod could change it?

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
its all the euro stores....and they still down. maybe we will get something first for a change, but highly unlikely. guess we just have to wait and see..I can only guess TV shows, but hey, I always get these kinda things wrong.

paul451

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2006
It can’t be the Iphone as they don’t have FCC approval for the device yet, without approval they are not allowed to offer, for sale a communication product such as a cell phone.

They are most probably doing routine maintenance.

Paul

vendettabass

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2006
Wellington, New Zealand
i thought it was usually sunday morning for the US

you're probably right dude, I'm not 100%, but I think the best thing would be UK TV shows and movies on itunes.... Its gonna be interesting to see how UK retail store employees are going to persuade people to buy the Apple TV without downloadable content.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
How long does maintenance usually last?

They usually go down for about an hour.

Just on a side note, they have changed the graphic informing people about the down store.
Used to be

apple_store_down_12oct05.jpg

But now is

title_backsoon1.gif

Steven Jackson

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2006
Lincoln, U.K.
Thinking about it, would the online store go down if movies/TV shows were being added. Nothing new would appear in the store, just iTunes, right?

Must be iLife/iWork. And iPhone available tomorrow morning. Delivered to your door. Free.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
Its had the new message for a while, definately for MWSF and i think even for the updated macbooks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.