Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Retired
May 16, 2006
2ghz Mac Mini!

I find it funny how many of you guys are crying out for iLife and iWorks. Like do you use these apps every day?

Even if that's the case I can get it quicker and for less money from my favourite electronic software distributor :rolleyes:

I use iWork everyday. Pages is the BEST notetaker for school. If I had Charts/Numbers, my life would be complete-ish

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
I find it funny how many of you guys are crying out for iLife and iWorks. Like do you use these apps every day?

Even if that's the case I can get it quicker and for less money from my favourite electronic software distributor :rolleyes:

iWoot and Office for Mac, sitting in a tree ... K.I.S.S.I.N.G. ! :rolleyes:

For crying out loud, that's why we're waiting on updates. Last time I checked, MS don't have anything that comes close to the apps that are in iLife? People are interested to see what features get added/updated, etc.

The Scotsman

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2007
how long

its coming up for two hours I think. That is a hell of a long time for an update I would have thought. it takes less time than this to update a windows virus checker on a daily basis and thats huge. It must be something big and clever. Or are we getting excited for nothing

Macnoviz

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Roeselare, Belgium
Belgium Down

Seems like all Europe stores are indeed down.

iPhone perhaps, but that seems preliminary (especially since in countries like Belgium you are not allowed to sell locked phones)

iLife/iWork should also bring down US store

perhaps movies/videos for iTunes, but that doesn't explain UK.
EDIT: iTunes stores are not down.
did France, Ireland,... already have music videos?

we'll see soon!

The Scotsman

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2007
i tunes not down

Seems like all Europe stores are indeed down.

iPhone perhaps, but that seems preliminary (especially since in countries like Belgium you are not allowed to sell locked phones)

iLife/iWork should also bring down US store

perhaps movies/videos for iTunes, but that doesn't explain UK.

we'll see soon!

Does everybody else have no I tunes. iTunes is working fine here and I am in UK, And if it was an itunes update that does not explain the store being down it is a seperate entity.

Applespider

macrumors G4
My prediction is almost no change. Perhaps a new special offer, perhaps a new third party product. Just like the previous Sunday closures over the last few months that I mentioned in my previous post in this thread.

There were a few special offers finishing tomorrow in the refurb store that I was checking out earlier - perhaps they're removing those?

So, do I go to bed and risk missing something big, or do I wait up and risk being disappointed?

Go to bed... the chances of something big arriving in Europe only on a Sunday night are minimal. I means can you imagine Apple not taking the opportunity to hold a special event? :rolleyes:

The Scotsman

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2007
am i missing something

Why do they need to close the store anyway. When I update my web site I just do the update offline then over right the file on the server. I am sure it is different but the basics must be the same.

sorry overwrite its late

TheAnswer

macrumors 68030
Jan 25, 2002
Orange County, CA
I'm guessing they are taking off all the computers and references to the computers since Jobs said that it was not named Apple Computer anymore. :D

ducks and leaves thread running at a fast pace.:p

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Why do they need to close the store anyway. When I update my web site I just do the update offline then over right the file on the server. I am sure it is different but the basics must be the same.

sorry overwrite its late

They have lots of servers. They need to ensure all are updated at the same time and that the caches are cleared down to reflect the new state.

mark88

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2004

sorry overwrite its late

Because, they probably wanna make sure the stuff they update is 100% correct. Doing it live is dangerous and given it's a store where people can purchase things its best to do it offline. Also, whenever you update a site live, there's always a chance someone will get a half loaded page.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.