Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
UK store back up!!!!!

Nah just joking. I'm off to bed now.

PS. UK sales and marketing dept is probably in the UK, and the technical whoever currently fiddling with the Apple UK store is probably in the US or somewhere where it's daylight now.

I worked for a small web company that used a 24 hour work model (three shifts around the world) for some stuff several years ago, so I'm sure Apple can do the same. Advantages : work moves fast. Open the door each morning, there's 2 days worth of completed work waiting for you to review and catch up on. Disadvantages: communication problems, not being able to ring and clarify something if you're outside the overlap window.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
It has been 4 hours now since it was originally reported. Which is way longer than i ever remember, I'm sure it is just going to be something boring but i just want to know. It will not beat me.

So it is 1.37 am (a time which for the last 7 years i have considered as the transition to late) and it still not back, so 4 and a half hours. Anyone still out there?

Max Payne

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2006
Brisbane, Australia
So it is 1.37 am (a time which for the last 7 years i have considered as the transition to late) and it still not back, so 4 and a half hours. Anyone still out there?

Yup, someone is refreshing every 5 minutes in here. I finally convinced my friend to get a MacBook. When we decided to make the order, we found out the store is down. Now we have to make the order tomorrow and hoping he will receive the MB before the weekend.

The Scotsman

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2007
I STILL HERE :eek:

I hope it comes up soon and has something on it because I am going to be so annoyed. It has been way over 4 hours now. Please be something good. Or I am going back to microsoft. well ok thats an empty threat but I will be annoyed.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
@ Max Payne
Even if the store wasn't down i think you would be pushing it to get it by the weekend from the online store. Suppose if you are ordering the stock version then it would speed things up. But then if you are ordering the stock version you can get it from John Lewis or if you are feeling really adventurous then you could take a trip to Birmingham and go to the Bullring. Wouldn't really take that long to get there and back.

shawsinio

macrumors regular
May 29, 2006
UK
I don't reckon their are many up over here.

I'm still up, although not because I'm waiting for the store to go back up, but because the longer it is before I go to bed, the further I feel from the lectures I have to go to tomorrow morning!

I don't think that It's going to be a particularly interesting update, if anything at all. Probably a price change or something. Or maybe someones hacked into the store and they've had to take it offline to sort it out...:eek:

Anyway, I'll check in the morning. Night all.

Shawsinio

Max Payne

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2006
Brisbane, Australia
@ Max Payne
Even if the store wasn't down i think you would be pushing it to get it by the weekend from the online store. Suppose if you are ordering the stock version then it would speed things up. But then if you are ordering the stock version you can get it from John Lewis or if you are feeling really adventurous then you could take a trip to Birmingham and go to the Bullring. Wouldn't really take that long to get there and back.

I suppose I can do that, but I am after the HE student discount so I have to order online. I doubt the arrival of the MB before Next Monday so I guess ordering tomorrow won't hurt.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
I suppose I can do that, but I am after the HE student discount so I have to order online. I doubt the arrival of the MB before Next Monday so I guess ordering tomorrow won't hurt.

Fair enough, i am rather spoiled to have an apple store about 10 minutes drive from my (student house) and lots of apple stores about 20 minutes drive/tube from my normal house.

5 hours

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Its Up!! not much to report at first glance. 2.50 am

After more of a look about i cant actually see anything new. Oh well at least it didn't beat me. Even though the store was down for almost 6 hours.

Night all.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
A minute quicker than me. :)

I had applescript automatically check the page for me every 20 seconds. (running in the background while watching TV.)

Very crude but it worked.

tell application "Safari"
repeat
open location "http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore"
delay 9
try
set tText to text of document 1
set offset01 to offset of "UK" in tText

set amountebay to get (characters (offset01 + 40) through (offset01 + 9) of tText) as string
set pete to amountebay - amountebay
if pete is not equal to 0 then
say "Hey Check it out boy"

end if
delay 20
on error
say "Hey Check it out"
say "Hey Check it out"
say "Hey Check it out"
say "Hey Check it out"
say "Hey Check it out"
say "Hey Check it out"
say "Hey Check it out"
say "Hey Check it out"
say "Hey Check it out"
say "Hey Check it out"
end try

end repeat
end tell

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
I feel good that I was so little behind doing it manually. :)

Must applaud you for this.

I am learning about Super Bowl 3 on good old channel 5.

Just realised the time by the sound of my neighbours garage door. He is a milkman and leaves every day come wind or rain at 3 a.m. Hate hearing that door of his as it means i have stayed up far too late.

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
Whilst getting up for a piss, one has decided to check in on store only to find it is STILL not available.

What, what .... what's going on? :eek: I might have nightmarews now, or maybe some very pleasant dreams, but that's not Apple related. :p

- back to some ZZzzzzZZ.

Macnoviz

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Roeselare, Belgium
Belgium is up, and I noticed something new and interesting:
refurbished products.

That's right

we didn't have that until now.

Now we just have to sit back and wait till we get music videos, TV shows and movies.

any minute now

come on, Apple

get those movies there

maybe next time :(

riciad

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2005
Ireland
They've forgotten to put the Irish store back up.

Either that, or we're getting something really, really big that none of the rest of you are getting:p

Edit: They must have read my message! It just came back on. And I checked immediately before I hit post.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
The refurb section has been rearranged. It used to be iMac, then Mac Mini, then the MacBooks, then the big iron.

I always had to scroll way down when checking laptop refurb prices, as I regularly check to see if C2D laptops have arrived there yet. (I want to get one)

Now the laptops have been moved to the top.

Same old expensive prices in the Clearance section - nothing seems to have a discount on it. What's the point of having a clearance section if you don't actually give any price discount?

Maybe the stores were down to prepare for an update on Tues like someone said, or there was some major rearranging of the backing software / hardware going on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.