Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheSisko

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2005
Switzerland
Spanky Deluxe said:
Its just really dissapointing because most people couldn't care less if there were new ipods out. It would have been interesting if there had been a video ipod released but most people on here really want an ibook update or a mac mini update. I haven't seen many 'ipod updates next tuesday' or 'when's the next ipod update due' threads in here after all.

I rather think that most people care a lot more about new ipods than ibooks or minis. The "people here" ARE NOT "most people".
I bought my iBook without even bothering to check when the last update has been, because 1. it looked nice, 2. it was fast enough for me and 3. wasn't that expensive. Sure I could have gotten a cheaper, more powerful PC, but that wasn't what I was looking for.

There would have been a point where I wouldn't have gotten it regardless of price (say if it had a <1Ghz CPU, or a 16mb GFX card), but the current specs suited my fine, and I'm very happy with it.
Even if there is a minor update soon, I consider the extra months I got with it(specially since I've been using it as my only computer every day) well worth the few hundred bucks I might have payed for an "overpriced" computer.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Spanky Deluxe said:
Its just really dissapointing because most people couldn't care less if there were new ipods out.

iPods give apple the room to grow, try new stuff out and if its a flop teh have the $$ from iPods to fall back on. and some people want an iPod

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.