UK Store Order Tracking - Confused

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by russellelly, Oct 8, 2006.

1. russellelly macrumors regular

I've ordered an iMac from the UK Online store, but the order tracking isn't too clear. On entering the order confirmation screen it claims all 4 items (an iMac, printer, airport card and iPod) were shipped on September 28th - the iMac via Merge in Transport and the rest by UPS. Next to the iMac it says estimated delivery by Oct 12. There's a tracking number next to the UPS items which when clicked gives another page which says estimated delivery October 9th. The tracking number is in the format of a UPS number, but gives no result on the UPS website.

The basic question is what is the significance of the two dates - should it be here tomorrow, or is tomorrow when the order 'merges' and then it's here for Thursday, or something else?

Thanks in advance.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

It sounds like my order, the iMac hasn't really shipped in the UK and has just left China, you can search for it's location with Your Delivery Reference Number, here.

3. russellelly thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for that link, much more helpful than the Apple site :)

Code:
    05 okt 06	86 14	booking slot obtained	Apple Shanghai	06 okt 06
    05 okt 06	30 10	departed direct	NLAMS07	05 okt 06
    05 okt 06	40 69	accept scanned at EDC	NLAMS07	05 okt 06
    03 okt 06	32 55	flight departed	Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai	05 okt 06
    03 okt 06	32 05	Flight Booked	Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai	 
    28 sep 06	30 63	handover at supplier	Apple Shanghai	05 okt 06
    28 sep 06	00 04	Picking confirmed, EDI received	Apple Shanghai	 
    28 sep 06	30 64	Departed from source	Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai	05 okt 06
    28 sep 06	30 61	Consignment Booking received from supplier	Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai	09 okt 06
    So looks like it might be coming from Holland? My replacement iBook battery came from Holland via East Midlands airport, so maybe that's the expected route. In which case Thursday seems more realistic.

4. orangezorki macrumors 6502a

With my first iMac DOA, I'm getting a pro at this tracking stuff...

The EDC is indeed in Holland. Your tracking looks like it has now left Holland, and is on its way to the UK. I'd expect it to pass through Walsh Western, who will merge everything into one consignment, and they will hand it over to UPS. I'd predict delivery for you on Tuesday or Wednesday. But don't bet your pacemaker on it...

David

5. zRedbullz macrumors regular

zRedbullz

My Powerbook took over two weeks to arrive as it was assembled in Shanghai (only when you modify the specs) when Apple told me it would be shipped within 3 - 7 days from Middlesex.

6. ascender macrumors 68000

I remember trying to track an iMac last year and I gave up, the tracking was all over the place. I think one day it was estimating 10 days delivery time and the next day the courier turned up.