Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caveman_uk

Original poster
Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
Whenever I've ordered from the online Apple store I've never been able to track my order. It either claims not to know the web order number or just dumps me back in the store. The store sends all the notification emails correctly and the ordered stuff does turn up - which is the important thing.

I just wondered whether it was only me the order tracking doesn't work for:confused: :confused:

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
it never has for me...

the UK Applestore is truly crap.... I've pretty much always had problems with them, and my friend (the one who came into the bar with no name) has just received her Dual G5 with scratches, dents and gouges on the sides, and she's having difficulting with them now... :rolleyes:

The only redeeming factor of Apple UK is that alot of their female staff have the most incredibly soothing accent.... ;)

crap freakboy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
nar in Gainsborough, me duck
just tried my Panther order...worked fine -"being assembled"- you put your postcode in?

Ahhh just tried it again but this time after typing in the order number and postcode I just pressed return instead of pressing the 'FIND' button, lo and behold it kicked me back to the Store frontpage. Oh and remember to include a space in your postcode eg TW5 1PU. Plus if you mess it up you have to go back to the frontpage and navigate to the order status page from there. hee i need to get out more:( :)

caveman_uk

Original poster
Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
Originally posted by crap freakboy
just tried my Panther order...worked fine -"being assembled"- you put your postcode in?
Errrrmmmm. Oooopps. No I didn't and yes it does work if you enter BOTH items and click 'FIND'. I feel a bit stupid now :rolleyes:
Originally posted by iGav

the UK Applestore is truly crap.... I've pretty much always had problems with them, and my friend (the one who came into the bar with no name) has just received her Dual G5 with scratches, dents and gouges on the sides, and she's having difficulting with them now...

The only redeeming factor of Apple UK is that alot of their female staff have the most incredibly soothing accent...

Bummer about the G5. You're right about those lovely Irish accents though....;) ;)

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by caveman_uk
Bummer about the G5. You're right about those lovely Irish accents though....;) ;)

yeah, she's pi$$ed about it, because it looks like someone has attacked it witha screwdriver... that said I'm not surprised, as they sent me out a Titanium last Chrsitmas with a scratch on the lid.... :rolleyes:

So what you ordered??

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2001
BKLN
Re: UK Store Users-Does order tracking work for you?

Originally posted by caveman_uk
Whenever I've ordered from the online Apple store I've never been able to track my order. It either claims not to know the web order number or just dumps me back in the store. The store sends all the notification emails correctly and the ordered stuff does turn up - which is the important thing.

I just wondered whether it was only me the order tracking doesn't work for:confused: :confused:

I hear what you're saying - it's a bit iffy.

However, EVERYTIME I've ordered from Apple UK, even after delivery (for a few days) it still says Being Assembled.

Go figure. It isn't half as good as the state side version. Estimated shipping dates? We wish!

crap freakboy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
nar in Gainsborough, me duck
sort of off topic but I ordered Panther on Sunday, they (the UK Apple Store) confirmed my order today with the following text after my deatils regarding delivery-

How long will my order take?
Your order should ship on or before 24.10.2003
Please allow a further 3-6 days from this date to deliver your order.

Please note orders less than £235 inc VAT will ship via Parcel Post. Please allow 9 working days for the delivery.

Please note that these are business days and are estimated leadtimes only.

Soooo...on or before, allow 3 to 6 days more or 9 working days?? Confused? Just a tad!! Silly sod that I am I could have driven literally just up the road to Computer Warehouse in Brentford who are staying open to sell freshly baked boxes of Panther, with fries. Anyone who ordered Jaguar through the UK Apple Store remember if they recieved it on the lauch day? I've emailed Apple to ask if I'll get it on the 24th or the following week...oh and one other thing.

I called the Store before mailing them but it was one of those automated answering services, gah hate them, and after going several menus deep I was given the option for Panther Support questions, which are via email anyway. Is this normal? Or are they expecting loads of problems with installing, useage?

caveman_uk

Original poster
Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
Originally posted by iGAV
yeah, she's pi$$ed about it, because it looks like someone has attacked it witha screwdriver... that said I'm not surprised, as they sent me out a Titanium last Chrsitmas with a scratch on the lid.... :rolleyes:

So what you ordered??
Panther. I've ordered an ibook through the store before and will get my ipod that way as I want an educational discount. I'm doing a course don't you know?

They should definately take back stuff that's clearly been damaged. Apple sells a lot of their stuff on looks/presentation so should pay extra care to that. That or let you have it half price or something.

I'm not sure when Panther will be delivered because on the site it's says 'for evening delivery' but my email said the same as crap freakboys. Note carefully that Apple doesn't say WHICH evening:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

When I've ordered hardware before I've phoned the AppleStore to find out when it's coming - several times actually :D

Rhys24

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2003
Apple Store Uk Sucks !!! I ordered a G5 on sept 11th CTO, everytime i ring the apple store and just ask about my order status they always add 2 days on from when they said it was going to ship, i rang 2 fridays ago when they said it was going to ship and they said it will ship on tuesday, then rang them to confirm on tuesday and then they said thursday, then monday, then wednesday, friday ..... u can see why im getting pissed off !! spent over £4000 with apple and am just being played around !!!

Anyone else having this problem??

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2001
BKLN
Originally posted by crap freakboy
sort of off topic but I ordered Panther on Sunday, they (the UK Apple Store) confirmed my order today with the following text after my deatils regarding delivery-

How long will my order take?
Your order should ship on or before 24.10.2003
Please allow a further 3-6 days from this date to deliver your order.

Please note orders less than £235 inc VAT will ship via Parcel Post. Please allow 9 working days for the delivery.

Please note that these are business days and are estimated leadtimes only.

Soooo...on or before, allow 3 to 6 days more or 9 working days?? Confused? Just a tad!! Silly sod that I am I could have driven literally just up the road to Computer Warehouse in Brentford who are staying open to sell freshly baked boxes of Panther, with fries. Anyone who ordered Jaguar through the UK Apple Store remember if they recieved it on the lauch day? I've emailed Apple to ask if I'll get it on the 24th or the following week...oh and one other thing.

I called the Store before mailing them but it was one of those automated answering services, gah hate them, and after going several menus deep I was given the option for Panther Support questions, which are via email anyway. Is this normal? Or are they expecting loads of problems with installing, useage?

I was thinking the same thing. If you go to the store now the graphic says "Order now for October 24th evening delivery" - I ordered about a week ago and was told it would ship on the day of the 24th Express (regardless of what it says about Parcel Force as Panther is a special case), and would arrive 3-4 days later.

WHICH SUCKS.

When i ordered 10.0.0 it arrived the day it was available instores. As for Jaguar... I can't remember... anyone?

I'm gonna call Apple now to find out and will report back.

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2001
BKLN
Spoke to Apple UK - they're AIMING to get deliveries done on Friday, and if not monday. She seemed confident my order of last week would qualify for delivery this friday.

!!!

H

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
I bought a pen scanner from Apple UK and it was a 'same day' item, it took 3 days just to ship then it took over a week to get to me.

I could of order off Microanvika.co.uk but i thought it would get here quite sufficiently from Apple.

Now i have 3 orders with them

1. 15' PB (stock option) with Brenhaven bag - 2-3 weeks but i ordered on friday and i havn't even got the confirmation letter.

2. 15" Battery - 4 weeks! Yeah. Again no email.

3. Appleworks with ipod voice recorder. (ipod won't be available until early november) so everything is delayed.

I now don't expect fast deliveries from Apple anymore, i'm tired of playing the waiting game. When it comes it'll come.

It'll nearly be the end of November before i get any of this stuff. Hopefully nothing new comes out after all this time or i will be pissed. With the 14 day return policy i am covered up until December so here's hoping to just a price cut in that time!:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.