UK street weaponry

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MentalFabric, Sep 15, 2006.

1. MentalFabric macrumors 6502

MentalFabric

Is it just me or are there an insane amount of insane chavs with weapons about in London at the moment?

in the last couple of days i had a happy couple of chavs opposite me on the tube asking if i knew 'stanley', the yellow stanley knife in his pocket, and yesterday another couple of chavs at herne hill train station walking around swinging a golf club (and i'm no golfer but i don't think he was swinging it quite how you'd hit a golf ball) not only that but he said he had it 'in case someone hits me'

now all the people involved seemed to me like they'd be pretty innefective with their chosen weaponry if you know what you're doing (a stanley knife? come on, the blades are designed to break off of those things) but it's alarming seeing people talk casually about using them.

I carry a martial arts fan when it's too hot but i've never hurt anyone with it (nor do i intend to), just scared incoming attackers off with the very loud noise it makes when you open it just so :D

be safe :rolleyes:

2. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Depends what type of Stanley you have if it breaks off or not, do quite a bit of damage with one of these...

[​IMG]

3. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

In tamworth the chavs pretend to have a weapon. they swing their hands about mimicking holding a knife or something and threaten you with it. deary me.:confused:

4. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

5. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Has it ever occured to anyone that kicking the living hell out of one of these kids to set an example to the rest may be needed? You know, stomping on the knee, the head, using a taser on his testicles?

Jeez, and I thought the gang-bangers in the US were lame...

6. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    "get yer tools out Gumbo"

i'm so glad i don't live in england any more, i can only imagine my home town being full of chavs, the high st is nowt but theme pubs now :rolleyes:

7. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

<stupid Yank question>What's a 'chav'?</stupid Yank question>

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

If anything there are less gangs in my neck of the woods these days (Saddleworth). I keep hearing about problems in the city, but Manchesters a good way from here.

Now London. Call me Alan Partridge but I'd live away from London. Lots of scare stories making their way up here about hooded pricks breaking everything. You've even banned them from shopping centres I hear! They must be bad. You wanna get a few lads from Salford to come mess their faces up

9. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Well here's a few answers Urban dictionary usually has fun insight into this sort of thing.

Obnoxious yoofs. So far I've found them to be annoying but mostly harmless; it seems like the problem is slightly over-exaggerated... but then I haven't been here that long. <shrugs>

10. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

People from mainland Britain used to be scared of people from Northern Ireland, hell we're all scared of London, it has a terrible reputation.

11. Project macrumors 68020

lol, Saddleworth

You dont know a Carla do you? Mixed race girl.

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You've posted at MacRumours for so long, and yet you haven't learnt the meaning of "chav"?

*breaks emergency glass and grabs the manual*

HERE

13. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

And I thought wearing Burberry was offensive enough.