UK web host

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by wbhambone, Aug 8, 2006.

1. wbhambone macrumors member

I just moved to the UK from the States. I'm looking for a good UK based hosting company.

Any thoughts.

Thanks.
    bh

2. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

Maxiseller

Yahoo Small Business work for me.

They are flexible enough and cheep. Thats who I use at least and in the time I've been with them (2 years almost) they've never once gone down to the best of my knowledge.

3. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

Why do you need UK based hosting just because you're in the UK? I've lived in the UK all my life and all my hosting is in the US. I use what's perceived as an 'expensive' US host (pair) and when I took it out they still were cheaper than any of the decent UK hosting companies.

4. wbhambone thread starter macrumors member

I don't know that I "need" UK based hosting. I currently use a US based company for another site. I just thought that I would rather deal with someone local...but if I can't find anything comparable then I'll just stick with my US host for the new site.

bh

5. johnniewalker macrumors member

I also live in the UK and I use SiteGround

www.siteground.com

They offer a very good support service, questions get answered within minutes and they also help out with installations etc, for example I wanted a joomla homepage with an SMF forum and was having problems with the installation, a couple of requests for support and a couple of hours later and they had got it all installed and working!

Prices seem very good as well, I got a free domain name when I purchased the hosting :)

6. Moria macrumors regular

I use www.k1z.com. They're based in London and very reliable and cheap :)