[UK] Wii Shipped Already!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by dalvin200, Nov 25, 2006.

1. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

Just got a confirmation email from hmv.co.uk that they have shipped my Wii console - but the release date is Dec 8th, which is just under 2 weeks away!!

Can this be right?

Anyone else ordered from hmv.co.uk and got a similar email from them?

2. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

They're sending it from the US, across the Atlantic, by tramp steamer. It'll take two weeks. :p

3. dalvin200 thread starter macrumors 68040

lol!! well.. i assume its coming from jersey - which is an island off england.. so maybe it will take 2 weeks!!! lol..

i hope it doesn't get thrown around and beaten during that time!! :D

4. CJM macrumors 65816

CJM

Keep this updated, I want to know what happens :p

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

When my mum gets back I'll ask her to check what our Play.com preorder is doing. strange times ahead.

6. dalvin200 thread starter macrumors 68040

just tried calling hmv to find out if there is a tracking number etc.. but fed up of being on hold.. was on the line for 30 mins.. screw that - i have a life ;)

will try again on monday, and report back to see when they expect my order to be delivered.

7. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

My Amazon order still says delivery estimate of 8th December. :(

8. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

The only way your going to get a new Nintendo console before release date is to rob the warehouse where its stored.

Which, surprisingly enough, is what the Japanese Maifa did in 1989 with the Super Famicom....

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Maybe they are shipped to be with you on time for the 8th ?

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

play will only ship either on the 8th or the day before. Not that far in advanced at all.

I got my launch 360 from them....

12. wako macrumors 65816

Usually when you preorder (happens to me all the time when I preorder from EBGames, Amazon, etc) they will print out the shipping labels and change the status of your package as shipped. However, it wont leave their warehouse until release date.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

So I suppose this means there are UK Wii consoles on our shores now? That's good to know. build up a nice bit of stock before a release.

Incidentally when does the Wii launch in Japan?

14. wako macrumors 65816

15. dalvin200 thread starter macrumors 68040

Maybe, but the email I got stated that the order has been despatched to my address - doesn't that usually mean that it;s left the warehouse?

I'm still confused on this, and kinda believe that it will be delivered on release day (fri, dec 8th), rather than next week or something.

Dec 2nd I think - about a week before we get ours :rolleyes:

16. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Two area's where Nintendo have a MASSIVE advantage over Microsoft and Sony is with production and shipping.

The Revolution is quite easy to produce, no cutting edge tech issues to hold up production (PS3 Blue Diode).

It's also a lot lot smaller and lighter than the comptition, so costs less to ship around the planet.

17. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

I am getting my Wii in UK from Currys where i work, i hope i get to play before launch, We only get deliveries on Tues and Thurs.

18. dalvin200 thread starter macrumors 68040

.. and you get staff discount too :rolleyes:

19. LastLine macrumors 65816

Any idea what Curry's stock of these things is going to be like? I've pre-ordered at Currys.digital in Doncaster, and frankly having seen their list of pre-orders I'm not 100% they'll be able to meet them hmm.

20. cartoonfox macrumors regular

cartoonfox

I also pre-ordered at a Currys.digital store near me. I'm #7 on the pre-order list so I'm sure I'll have no problem getting mine on launch day.

Only 11 days to go!! It's almost here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. wako macrumors 65816

Well...

For final fantasy, when I ordered it, it said shipped 5 days ahead of the launch date. When I checked the tracking number, it said it only recieved billing. Meaning, they bought the waybill for the shipping but it hasnt left the warehouse.

When I bought Gears of War, it said shipped on the website 3 days ahead, and then shipped out of their warehouse a day before the launch date so I would get my copy on launch date.

So...i dont really know. However I doubt they actually shipped the systems out of their warehouse, despite the email telling you the thing has shipped. They probably just already packed it up, and waiting till whenever the warehouse feels like shipping it out.

22. dalvin200 thread starter macrumors 68040

Update

Right, let me update any folk interested in this..

Just got thru to hmv, and spoke with a lady, who told me that my item was indeed shipped from Guernsey on 23rd Nov, so I should be receiving it any day now.

It was shipped RoyalMail Standard parcels, which is quite strange - no tracking or insurance!!!

Anyway, she said that they received a batch of Wii's from nintendo, and shipped them to their first round of pre-order customers.

wow.. so if I receive it this week, that's a great bonus!!! a week before release date and maybe before the JP release date too (this saturday)!!!!!

23. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

You have all of the frickin' luck when it comes to shipping dates!!!!:mad: :p :D

Looks like it may well go 2(nano,Wii) -1(nano2) to you at this rate... my Wii is on pre-order, but I've opted for an in-store pickup. No love until Dec 8th for me....

24. dalvin200 thread starter macrumors 68040

yeah, but that's what they say.. i still thin its dodgy shipping a unit of this value as standard delivery - no tracking or insurance.. i'm sure the posties will have a nice present!!

it can just get "lost" quite easily :(

but.. if it comes, I shall let you know..

The hmv lady said that if I didn't receive anything, I should contact them early next week for a replacement unit!! lol..

So.. it also means, i *could* receive delivery and still say that it got lost in the post!! as they have no proof that it was delivered!!

Not that I would do that of course :D

25. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Hmmmm... you live in Nottingham, what's your postal area and what does your postman look like? :rolleyes:

(Wipes the baseball bat clean)