UK Wiis on eBay

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dunepilot, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Dunepilot macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

UK Wii prices seem to be going crazy on eBay. Double retail price seems to be the norm!

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Not surprised! Hype has just appeared from nowhere overnight. Manchester and Oldham are completely sold out of Wii's! Even the small shops!

3. Lau Guest

Ooh, we got ours. It's fab. :D

Most shops had sold out though, and it was only through a pre-order in Gamestation a while ago that we got one. They'd run out of extra nunchuck bits and we couldn't find another shop with any.

It's very cool though, seriously. I was going to go to bed early and everything tonight, but I just want one more game...:p

4. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Yeah Tennis Rules on Wii Sports.

5. findnemo macrumors regular

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=21576

50k Wii's sold in 12 hours. Pretty neat. I'm glad I never sold mine on launch day. I kept thinking of those kids who REALLY wanted it and thus I could never sell it on ebay for double.

P.S- I suggest you get the component cables. As soon as I hooked it up Zelda it went from a N64+PS2 graphics to a well done Xbox graphics + jaggies. Good stuff.

6. takao macrumors 68040

takao

which means it's very likely a 300-400k launch europewide when countries like germany + france got more consoles and sold out and with all the other smaller countries getting not so bad quantities (at least as far as i heard ... austria got rumored 8-10k for launch and all the big stores are completly sold out ...Denmark as far as i heard 6k+ too)

i hope we can get more informative numbers soon

7. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

Good effort! I've got mine coming in a week so I shall get as much sleep in as I can now then :D

8. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

9. russed macrumors 68000

russed

i wish i could have muscle ache! :(

10. Lau Guest

Heheheheh. This is bloody brilliant. We got two sofas delivered at 10 am, put them together, and then have been standing up all day playing the Wii. :D

I'm totally, totally addicted. So far bowling is particularly floating my boat. And agreed on the muscle ache, and I put my elbow out playing baseball. :p

11. takao macrumors 68040

takao

you are not alone

yeah it's like waking up the day after a good football game where you body hurts but you feel "it was totally worth it"

that aside i just bought some wii points and met one of my friends who bought a Wii yesterday too, right there in front of the wii shelf picking up wii points... ;)

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Agreed. Bowling is the best on the wii sports package, and a righteous laugh with a group of friends.