UKOnline Broadband - or other cheap ISP?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by dcv, Jul 18, 2005.

1. dcv macrumors G3

Hello,

I am looking for a low-cost broadband provider for my parents. Am giving them my old desktop pc (Windows 2000) so it doesn't have to be Mac friendly.

Looking for something cheap and reliable as they will probably only occasionally use it, but if anything goes wrong I need to know that the help desk is actually helpful and that you can actually get through to it (unlike Bulldog).

UKOnline has a 512Kbps unlimited broadband package for £9.99 per month with free connection until 15th August. Seems like a pretty good deal to me, but I don't know anyone who uses it.

So does anyone here use UKOnline as their ISP? If so, would you recommend them? Have you experienced any problems and if so, was it easy to get support and was the problem resolved quickly?

Otherwise can anyone recommend an alternative low-cost provider that works with an existing BT phone line? thanks.

2. witness macrumors 6502

I can recommend plusnet. I've used them for over 3 years with no problems. they have some cheap packages if that's what you're looking for.

You might find it cheaper elsewhere, but you only get what you pay for.