Ultimate Ipod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Emrtr4, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Emrtr4 macrumors regular

Okay, there is a lot of speculation that Apple is planning a product simular to the PSP. Especially since they just took out patents for a TFT touch screen display.

Here is what I want in an ultimate PSP like IPOd. And If it sold for $500, I would never spend money on any laptop again.

7 inch TFT active matrix, touchscreen display.
    Runs mobile OSX
    Can surf using Firefox and Safari
    Has Itunes and Quicktime and IDVD and Iphoto built in
    30 and 60 gig models
    Has Ethernet/ Firewire 400/ USB 2.0 ports
    Airport extreme and Bluetooth cards
    Infered port (so it can be used as a remote).
    Has a .mac account built in.
    And runs Microsoft office, such as Word
    Has a special MAc made Tablet software program so notes can be taken with a built in stylus and saved and backupd over the internet with Idisk storage.
    Built in AM/FM tuner.

To top it ALL OFF....if it had a built in microphone (to record class....ect...). But not only that, if it was GSM compatible and could also be used as a telephone for any network....Sprint, Verizon, T-mobile....ect.

It would be the GOD of all portible electronics. One device for your movies, email, Aim, browsing, note taking, music, and phone service.

And to make it even cooler, if there were either USB or Firewire attachments to add on foldible keyboards and even a GPS reveiver/ XM/ Serious satilite mini reciever.

ALL FOR UNDER $500

This will never happen, but if it did. I would explode.

What ideas or things would you guys like to see in your ultimate Ipod or Apple portible device.

2. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

not bad. not going to happen soon though.

Verizon and sprint (i think) use cdma networking so for it to work on any network it has to have both GSM and CDMA. correct me if im wrong with sprint.

btw, that isn't an iPod. its an iULTIMATE. or at least a MacBookULTIMATEPhoneGame mini.

3. Emrtr4 thread starter macrumors regular

Ultimate IPOD

Okay, there is a lot of speculation that Apple is planning a product simular to the PSP. Especially since they just took out patents for a TFT touch screen display.

Here is what I want in an ultimate PSP like IPOd. And If it sold for $500, I would never spend money on any laptop again.

7 inch TFT active matrix, touchscreen display.
    Runs mobile OSX
    Can surf using Firefox and Safari
    Has Itunes and Quicktime and IDVD and Iphoto built in
    30 and 60 gig models
    Has Ethernet/ Firewire 400/ USB 2.0 ports
    Airport extreme and Bluetooth cards
    Infered port (so it can be used as a remote).
    Has a .mac account built in.
    And runs Microsoft office, such as Word
    Has a special MAc made Tablet software program so notes can be taken with a built in stylus and saved and backupd over the internet with Idisk storage.
    Built in AM/FM tuner.

To top it ALL OFF....if it had a built in microphone (to record class....ect...). But not only that, if it was GSM compatible and could also be used as a telephone for any network....Sprint, Verizon, T-mobile....ect.

It would be the GOD of all portible electronics. One device for your movies, email, Aim, browsing, note taking, music, and phone service.

And to make it even cooler, if there were either USB or Firewire attachments to add on foldible keyboards and even a GPS reveiver/ XM/ Serious satilite mini reciever.

ALL FOR UNDER $500

This will never happen, but if it did. I would explode.

What ideas or things would you guys like to see in your ultimate Ipod or Apple portible device.

4. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

Nice ideal specs.

Just so you know, mods might not appreciate the multiple-threading.

5. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Dunno about that, but I would rather it had iTunes, iDVD, and iPhoto built in...

6. Oryan macrumors 6502a

Oryan

Yeah, 'cause I've always wanted to burn a DVD from my cell phone.

7. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

That would be cool. I don't know how many Apple would sell, but it would be cool nonetheless.:)

8. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

wow great imagination you have there. :rolleyes:

Just out of curiosity, why would you want iDVD on your ipod:confused:

9. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

i think, (not trying to be insulting) he hasn't used macs that much and he means dvd player or imovie. i can see someone new to mac getting confused with dvd player and idvd (until they open it).

10. adk macrumors 68000

adk

So basically you want to take my nice simple music player and quintuple the size/weight and have it burn DVDs?

11. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Exactly what I was thinking.....It ain't gonna happen anytime soon, The best we will see is a iPod with a big screen simular in size to the PSP's, with the same functionality it has now...

ShadoW