Ultimate MBP accessory?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Emrtr4, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Emrtr4 macrumors regular

Feb 6, 2006
    Well, the 30 inch Apple display might be the best, but I think this would be amazing for anyone running something like Adobe Creative...Final Cut Pro...ect,

Imagine how fast some programs would load with this, and it would probably sit nice and flush in your express slot.

Of course the problem is, it costs about the same as a Macbook. :D

But maybe a Penrym Intel processor with a blu-ray drive, OLED display, and a 32 gig version of that in the express slot would is not more than a year away (I can only hope...).
  2. kolax macrumors G3

Mar 20, 2007
    Saw that too - I wouldn't bother buying it; eventually you'll be able to get FireWire 800 NAND drives that hold serious amounts of data rather than diddy 16GB's amount.

One thing I hate about my current external hard drive is that it uses a lot of power, it is really bulky and is fragile - if I dropped it, there is a small chance the laser head could bounce and hit the disc and ruin all my data.

That wouldn't happen with flash memory. Still can't see why they are charging people for it; it surely must be a hell of a lot cheaper to produce than hard drives.
  3. BrianMR macrumors regular

Apr 3, 2007
    Laser head in a hard drive?

What kind of hard drive are you referring to? Do you mean an external optical drive or a standard hard drive - the term "laser head" (frikken lasers) is confusing me.
  4. kolax macrumors G3

Mar 20, 2007
    Ah, confused myself there. Didn't mean lasers, meant the magnitism mechanism (uergh!).

External hard drive, not optical drive.

Sorry for mix up.