Um… is iCloud down? My iTunes library is gone.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jason.siegel, Dec 17, 2012.

1. jason.siegel, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012

macrumors 6502

Okay, so this is exactly what I was worried about happening.

I just opened up my iTunes 11 library and most of my music and several of my movies and TV shows are gone. Anything I bought on iTunes / stored on iCloud is not there.

What'd I touch?

2. thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone? This is kind of worrying. Everything I bought on iTunes is gone.

3. macrumors 6502a

macjram

from the thread you linked to.

give us more info

4. jason.siegel, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012

thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm. Okay, well when I go to iTunes Store > Purchased > Music / Movies, I can see what I have bought previously, and I can download it again. But when I go to my Music or Movies libraries themselves, those songs / movies are no longer listed like they were before. And since they aren't listed, obviously I can't click on them directly from my library. Before, they were listed with cloud icons.

Also, I don't have iTunes Match.

And by iTunes Store >, I don't mean the Store category in the left-hand column. I have to actually enter the store and then click on Purchased. If I click on Purchased in the left-hand column, I see a single movie that I bought, that is already available in my library. None of my iCloud content is there.

Attached Files:

5. macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Do you have the top box checked in the photo below? It's under Preferences and the Store tab in iTunes.

Attached Files:

6. macrumors member

The same thing happened to me.. except iTunes won't recover the stuff I purchased on Beatport (which was a lot of stuff, I listen to mostly electronic). Only idea would be to "restore purchases" from my phone, which I'm doing now, but still. I'd like to know what caused the problem so I can avoid it in the future.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

Mackilroy, thank you! That was it. I am 99% positive I did not uncheck that. I have no idea how that happened.

It is my understanding that I have to download to my computer to watch/listen on my Apple TV. Is that right? I can't stream from iCloud to Apple TV? (So basically, if I have enough hard drive space, I should just download them.