umm yea lets talk about true life- NICE CAST please help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mac000, May 24, 2006.

1. mac000 macrumors 6502a

im' really sick and tired of how everyone on these boards "doesn't use what tehy have and use what they will get" but they will "complain, contemplate and so on and so on about whatever Apple product ever comes out"

seriously people, MB heat = ?, MB whine = ****

anyways, to get some stress off my back i need help with NICECAST

i want to provide a link to AIM users wtih the current iTunes song that is playing in my library and they will be able to listen to it...

... just help me out folks, thats all, holla peeps, thanks :cool:

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Most forums are going to have plenty of folks looking to solve issues. So you can perceive the amount of 'whiners' as just that. Or, you can view it as a great place to look for help or ideas on issues you may also be having.

And on your AIM/iTunes issue - the current version of iChat handles that for you. I believe there's also a plug-in for Adium.

3. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    Not sure about the whiners, and your rant,

but

as for nicecast

there is that tab for "sharing" or something like that, where you click save and it will save a .plist file, or you can just copy the URL that is in the same window and give it to your friends.

They can open that URL in iTunes, and see what your playing including artists and album info....it's great.

You will need to open a port in your firewall probably to allow the stream to "get out" to your friends.

Hope that makes sense, I'm away from my Mac so I'm trying to remember how it all works.