Unable to clear Music and Purchased Greyed out songs/videos on iPhone

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Freis968, Jan 12, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

Freis968

I do subscribe to iTunes Match and no matter what I do I cannot clear these greyed out tracks from my iPhone. I have turned iTunes Match off so I could delete them which I do but then when I connect my iPhone the greyed out tracks appear again. The tracks show as a stream and there is no size to them. I did download them to my iPhone via iTunes Match but obviously when I turn iTunes Match off and deleted them but they reappear. Short of restoring my iPhone I don't know what else to do.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. macrumors newbie

Are you sure!

Are you sure you are deleting from your main iTunes library and selecting the delete from icloud option?

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Freis968

Yes, I deleted from the main iTunes library and deleted from the iCloud.

I guess when my iTunes Match expires later this year it will remove this.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Freis968

UPDATE - I am still having this problem which I hoped would go away this past Nov 17th when my iTunes Match expired. The issue still persists.

5. macrumors newbie

I just fixed my syncing issue with my iPod, there are a lot of possible troubleshooting tips on this site. My songs were greyed out and now everything syncs: http://appducate.com/2012/12/understanding-and-using-imessages/

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Freis968

7. macrumors newbie

Not gonna lie, I just made an account on this site to reply! I've had this problem for months, and it kept ticking me off, and I kept giving up. Tonight, I just happened to give it another go, and finally found it!!! What I had to do was go to my device, go under summary, then click "manually manage music and videos." I really hope this is your cure as well, because I share(d) the struggle!