Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dbconfession

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2006
I have two user accounts: User1 and User2, both with Admin rights. While logged in to User1, I use the following terminal line to launch Skype as User2.

su user2 -c "/Applications/Skype.app/Contents/MacOS/Skype && exit"

I am able to copy and cut to User2's clipboard, but (a) when I paste back into into the User2 run Skype, it makes a "boop" sound and does not paste anything, and (b) when I paste into any other application on the main User1 account, it just pastes what was last copied/cut to User1's clipboard.

Something important to note is that, in the User2 run Skype, if I try to copy/cut by highlighting the text and the right clicking to bring up the menu, the applications hangs with the spinning beach ball. In addition, it can't be Force Quit even from the Force Quit menu. The only way to close the User2 Skype is to quit the process from Activity Monitor.

I'm trying to get to the bottom of this so that I know how to paste what has been successfully copy/cut to User2's clipboard.

Note that this is not a Skype issue, as the same occurs with any application run from terminal as User2.

Thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.