Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iOSJon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2013
Hi Guys

Need someones help! My Manager is on annual leave so is our usual Apple Support and then the support falls on me...Ive been using Mac's for 12-15 months now so my knowledge is basic.

I recently built an iMac for a new user however when attempting to add one of our printers located on a Windows Printer Server it wasn't showing in the list - nor any of the other printers we have listed in the directory on other Windows Servers.

I thought maybe id missed something on the build so checked it on my MacBook - same symptoms here. Also noticed that when browsing for some of the printers via windows devices that some of them weren't listed so we restarted the printer spooler on a couple of the windows servers and bingo the windows clients started seeing the servers in the directory again.

I returned and tested my MacBook however we still have the same issue - Am I missing something on our windows servers that would allow our mac devices to view printers on the domain?

The devices are all on the latest version of Mountain Lion including latest patching but I dont think its a client issue at all and all points to an issue within our infrastructure.

Any help that anyone can offer I would appreciate it a great great deal!

iOSJon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2013
The printer s hooked to a Windows machine or Windows Server? Please post what version of Windows is it?

The printer is installed as is many others on a Windows Server 2003 R2 box that we have in the business.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
I hope all the Macs have been joined to the Domain. Did you go into the server and make sure the printer sharing didn't shut itself off? When you open System Preferences->Print & Scan, clicked on the + symbol and add a Windows shared computer?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.