Unable to to logon wifi (Able to detect though)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macintoshxiii, Jun 26, 2006.

1. macintoshxiii macrumors regular

macintoshxiii

I experienced a couple of time spending some time working on my project at MacDonald's and I certainly could detect the wi-fi services from skynet global but unfortunately i cannot logon to use the wi-fi service... it says some kinda of error. I have no problems in starbuck/coffeebean/delifrance etc... only MacD gave me problems. What can i do people? :confused:

2. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

Tell us what the error is?

3. macintoshxiii thread starter macrumors regular

macintoshxiii

I can't really remember but it was something like "connection error, unable to logon to skynet global wireless" it should be something like that...

4. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

Says here you need software http://www.skynetglobal.com.au/Skynet/wireless_hotspots.aspx

Try downloading the software?

5. macintoshxiii thread starter macrumors regular

macintoshxiii

6. macintoshxiii thread starter macrumors regular

macintoshxiii

Can anyone help me? I seriously need to solve this problem thanx....:confused: Sometimes I can't even logon to some unprotected wireless network... while my win could.... why why why why? Mac refuse for unprotected network? We are not given choice to choose?

7. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

There's no problem in general with accessing WiFi networks that are 'in the clear', and indeed I've done so many times (the famous 'connect to network NETGEAR' message in a new city is often a welcome sight). This is not a Win vs. Mac issue. As long as you can see the network, if it's not protected you can get right in.

It may be a DHCP issue. Under 'Location' I'd recommend starting a new location called 'travel' or some such thing. In this location I'd be sure to enable DHCP to make connections the simplest to do. Is this your typical configuration?