Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macintoshxiii

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2006
I experienced a couple of time spending some time working on my project at MacDonald's and I certainly could detect the wi-fi services from skynet global but unfortunately i cannot logon to use the wi-fi service... it says some kinda of error. I have no problems in starbuck/coffeebean/delifrance etc... only MacD gave me problems. What can i do people? :confused:

macintoshxiii

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2006
I can't really remember but it was something like "connection error, unable to logon to skynet global wireless" it should be something like that...

Blackheart

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2004
Seattle
Says here you need software http://www.skynetglobal.com.au/Skynet/wireless_hotspots.aspx

The basis of all SkyNetGlobal solutions is our Connector software client.This easy to use, manage, and maintain piece of software is the lynchpin for all of our industry leading products. Connector software allows your users to access all of the SkyNetGlobal Services (global dial, broadband, wireless, etc.) from practically anywhere in the world.Whether you use it alone or in conjunction with one of our other offerings, you will find it intuitive and fully compatible making your employees immediately productive. And you won't need to upgrade or reconfigure any of your existing systems or software.

Try downloading the software?

macintoshxiii

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2006
Can anyone help me? I seriously need to solve this problem thanx....:confused: Sometimes I can't even logon to some unprotected wireless network... while my win could.... why why why why? Mac refuse for unprotected network? We are not given choice to choose?

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
macintoshxiii said:
Can anyone help me? I seriously need to solve this problem thanx....:confused: Sometimes I can't even logon to some unprotected wireless network... while my win could.... why why why why? Mac refuse for unprotected network? We are not given choice to choose?

There's no problem in general with accessing WiFi networks that are 'in the clear', and indeed I've done so many times (the famous 'connect to network NETGEAR' message in a new city is often a welcome sight). This is not a Win vs. Mac issue. As long as you can see the network, if it's not protected you can get right in.

It may be a DHCP issue. Under 'Location' I'd recommend starting a new location called 'travel' or some such thing. In this location I'd be sure to enable DHCP to make connections the simplest to do. Is this your typical configuration?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.