Unbearable slowness on MBP (wireless)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by nspire, Nov 16, 2006.

1. nspire macrumors newbie

okay, so here's the deal... i have a macbook pro 2.16ghz intel core duo, and the internet had always worked fine on it with my wireless linksys. well, since last week, anything interacting with the internet on my default user account (the only one at the time) was going between 2.5kB/s to 8.5 maybe. slow.

HERE's the catch... in my bootcamp xp on the same laptop, the internet works perfectly fine @ it's normal speeds.

so i took someone's advice and made a new user account in os x... and i'll be damned, the internet works great.

my question is, is there any way to sort-of "reset" the settings and configs, etc. for my internet on my other user account in os x? if not, what can i do to make it work like the freshly created user account does?

thanks in advance!

2. XP Defector macrumors 6502

I have had similar problems with my MacBook, not sure if its my connection or the thing itself!?

3. ruutiveijari macrumors regular

I had the exact the same problem. In my case it was CoconutWifi slowing the connection down.

4. nspire thread starter macrumors newbie

oh really? i've got that running on the slow account... i'll try "AppZapper'ing" it and seeing if that helps.

5. nspire thread starter macrumors newbie

wow... THAT ACTUALLY worked! thank you so much man, i really appreciate it, it was killin' me.