Unbelievable Funny Story

Discussion in 'Community' started by Freg3000, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Sep 22, 2002
    New York
    So, my friend calls me up because he is having problems with his Dell (big surprise...). I ask him what is happening specifically, and he says it is just acting up more of late, like it is crashing more frequently and stuff. So i go over to help it out.

He was right-it kept acting nutty. I got closer to the Task Manager than I ever wanted. :( So I finally just called Dell Tech Support just to get somewhere-I was all out of ideas.

They guy picks up, and I tell him what type of problems we were having. He was stumped, and was just asking me useless questions. After he says nothing, there is a long silence where I casually mentioned that I am not used to all of these problems because I own a Mac. Well, the tech guy solved the problem then!

He said that I was just too used to computers being stable and now I was surprised with the PC!!! I then I decided to play dumb, and was like, "What makes my beloved PC so much better?" He "explained" to me that Macs work differently and don't have crashing problems like PCs-but they actually are worse in general.

I said, but what makes them worse? He said that there was practically NO software available (he even said there was no Office) and that using them where horrible. He said that the reason they never crash is because you are never doing anything with them to begin with.

I know that I should have told the guy, because he was so arrogant, but I let him continue to be ignorant.

The best thing is that now my friend if considering getting a Mac. He has had it with all the BS and is ready to switch.

Something good may actually come out of this. :)
  2. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

Jan 5, 2003
    I think that it is funny whenever I hear my PC friends talk about problems that they have with their computers. :D

Maybe one day they will switch.
  3. howard macrumors 68020

Nov 18, 2002
    hahaha thats a funny story. pc users just seem to generally talk out of there ass when it comes to why macs are bad, they've never used one...i should know, i was one of those pc users. whatever...there the ones missing out
  4. cr2sh macrumors 68030

May 28, 2002
    hmm... anyone ever prank Dell? Say they're havinga problem and then trying to lure the 'tech' guy into a pc vs. mac debate? Try to see how dumb those guys are? Pump them for false information? That could be entertaining....
  5. cr2sh macrumors 68030

May 28, 2002
    Re: Unbelievable Funny Story

This is too funny... the Dell guy's argument for why a PC crashes.. is because there is software for it! Your PC crashes, because there is software! thats just too ****ing funny...

Could it be that the software is poorly written? Nah... its that the software exists, thats the problem.
  6. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Dec 1, 2002

Nice story... I might have a story like if i was able to get through to DELL. I was on hold for an hour and a half+, so i said screw this...