Unbiased Platforms/views of Candidates

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by GregUofMN, Jan 20, 2004.

1. GregUofMN macrumors regular

Hey everyone--

I'm looking for unbiased platforms/views of all the candidates. I would prefer NO pro-republican or pro-democrat websites if possible. I know I can go to each guy's homepage, but I'll looking for more of a side by side comparison. Thanks in advance... however, I'm skeptical if one even exists.

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

newspapers et. al. start running such comparisons as the conventions get closer.

if i run across an early one, i'll post it.

3. DavisBAnimal macrumors member

4. GregUofMN thread starter macrumors regular

That would be great! Most newspapers tend to lean either way... especially here in the cities.

5. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

A good site that takes on distortions from both sides is Spinsanity. It won't give you an overall view of the elections, but it will help sort out some of the nonsense.

6. bannedagain macrumors member

I and many others would be very greatful to so Bush NOT RE-ELECTED.

As long as there is some grey matter between the ears they have to be better than GWB

7. zapp macrumors regular

zapp

Unbiased news

Just a footnote, all news articles are biased. If they are written by a human they have to be. Even the facts you find in print can be biased. It is always good to read news from a wide variety sources, the truth is somewhere in the middle. This is much better that reading one source and accepting that has unbiased. But that is the easy part, the hardest part is you being unbiased when you read the news.

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Ok, that's not helpful. You just add to the image of the 'thoughtless liberal' who simply hates bush but can't say why other than to say he's stupid.

No offense, but that's no better than a conservative walking up to you and saying all liberals are stupid and any conservative could do better. And I'm sure you wouldn't find THAT amusing.

9. bannedagain macrumors member

Since Bush has come to power we have seen
    2 Major Wars,
    The most public and brutal Terror attacks ever witnessed
    The Isreale Peace process fall into tatters
    US debt climb astronomicaly
    Less money for health and education
    And Arnie Elected Gov. of California (this point has little to do with GWB excepth Arnie is a Rebublican)
    The list could go on but I'll stop insulting him here.
    He'd barley lets the confines of the USA before he was elected, and spends a great deal of his time away from office. What gives?

About the second part, Just take a look back over your histroy and see who was in govenment at the time of the last few major US wars.

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Now that's more like it!