Unblock P2P Ports on Campus Internet

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ccc3d, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccc3d macrumors newbie

How...how in the hell do you unblock the p2p ports on a college campus....ive been experimenting for months and nothing works. Please if anyone knows how to unblock ports that are controlled through a campus internet provider please tell me....im about to take a hammer to their stupid a** "frank" server.

2. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

3. ccc3d thread starter macrumors newbie

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Isn't unblocking ports that you're not authorized to unblock a no-no?

If so, you're barking up the wrong tree trying to find help here...

5. ccc3d thread starter macrumors newbie

any help from anyone who actually has my problem and understands the frusteration?

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

There are sites for doing this kind of crap ... and it isn't this site, especially since it is a college campus.

People tried to help someone before, and the school really slammed him when they caught him.

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Indeed. I was trying to make that point gently, but the hint was not taken...

8. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Yeah getting expelled for playing around and hacking the schools server isn't normally a good thing

9. ccc3d thread starter macrumors newbie

I havent exactly stated the school im enrolled in....how bout if i worded it this way......I'm having issues with Acquisition due to NAT traversal. Also, does anyone know of any other ports that I can use to connect outbound on the Gnutella network? Intellectual and legit for yall yet?

10. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Haha

I'd suggest you buy your own service like the rest of us who want to control which ports are open.

11. ccc3d thread starter macrumors newbie

this is pointless---its quite funny when everyone refuses to help me find 4 different numbers to put in a lil blank square because supposedly its "wrong". I think I remember a saying from awhile back....He who is without sin cast the first stone. hmm i think i have about 4 or 5 laying at my feet and a few bruises.

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

13. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

congratulations :confused:

14. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I use acqlite on occasion. I also have my own network so I can control which ports I can access. You're talking about hacking a server, which is a little bit more criminal than petty P2P larceny.

15. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

If you're really want something done, you need to find people who know or are in the OIT office, no matter how small their connection.

If I wanted to, I could have had alot of things done for me--simply by knowing the right people. Most often the right people are in the EE/CE/CS program ;)

16. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

It took you this long to come this realization?

Your memory is rusty because that story from the Bible doesn't really parallel this situation. You aren't unknowing bait in a trap set by our enemies and you aren't being threatened. We are just refusing to assist you in hacking a server that doesn't belong to you and making fun of you.

Lethal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.