unblocking port 3689 for iTunes sharing?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cb911, Oct 17, 2003.

1. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

my bro just got iTunes for his PC (and he's going to convert all his .wma to mp3 now :D). anyway, we're trying to share both of our libraries, but mine won't because it says i've got port 3689 blocked? i've looked everywhere, in sharing, in System Prefrences help, searched the forums here... and i can't find anything about it at all.

so could someone please help me to unblock port 3689?

thanks for any help. :)

edit>> sorry folks. i just searched for stuff on port 3689 and it came back with exactly what i was looking for.

what you have to do is go to Firewall in Sharing>System Prefrences and click on New... i must have got confused with everything in my frenzied rage... :p

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

This is sorted in Panther. iTunes Music Sharing (or something similar) appears in the pre-defined list of ports.

3. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

that'll be good.

i can't wait for Panther now... i'm counting down the days and getting more & more excited!!! :D

4. 748s macrumors 6502a

748s

sys prefs > sharing > firewall > new
    when box opens click on pull down menu next to port name > select "other" >type in 3689 > in description type iTunes >click ok. then scroll down list of ports under firewall and make sure iTunes is ticked. > port 3689 now open.

EDIT: should have kept reading your post, looks like you found how.