Unconfirmed Leak: Mac OS X Lion internal UI screenshot

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by saving107, Feb 24, 2011.

1. macrumors 603

saving107

I know that the first beta of Lion was released this morning, and Apple's preview of Lion from their website still references Aqua (and so do all the screen shots), but wile searching google for any new Mac OS X Lion Wallpapers, I came across this article and thought I would share.

Even though I have my doubts of the screen shots authenticity (and Gizmodo reporting this), I thought it might be a fun discussion if you guys think Apple should make the Menu Bar on top Black Translucent like from iOS?

[​IMG]

"A reader just sent us this pretty little screenshot. He explained that it was forwarded to him by a friend who works for some mysterious company."

http://gizmodo.com/#!5768754/could-this-be-a-mac-os-x-lion-screenshot

2. macrumors 65816

Easy as hell to modify Snow Leopard to look like that. I'm calling fake. The only UI changes we know of are whats in the beta. That opaque dock looks terribad.

3. macrumors newbie

I'm going to also call fake. I don't think apple is going to ditch the glossy shelf for apps in your dock. Even iOS has the glass shelf for apps on your homepage. But I can see apple changing the UI a little bit more. The black menu bar maybe... you see that effect in quicktime as it is right now.

I call this fake, but could see there being more UI changes when Lion RTMs in the summer.

4. macrumors member

how DOES one mod the menu bar to look like that??

5. macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

sorry but fake

6. simsaladimbamba

Nocturne from BlackTree: http://www.blacktree.com/

7. celticpride678

Apple has done so much work in tweaking the UI in Lion, that I don't see them completing overhauling it.

8. macrumors 6502a

iDisk

Wow this is the same site that has zero credibility with Apple.

Gizmodo is a trash site, that exploits extreme means to do dishonest practices.

verdict: fake, uninspired, and not different.