Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

leon44

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Using Safari with iCloud syncing on iOS9.2 and no matter how many times I clear all Safari history from Settings there is always '344kb' of history showing when you check in Settings>General>Storage and iCloud usage.

It seems the same thing happens on everyone else's iPhone in my house but with varying amounts of 'leftover history' which can't be zeroed.

Is everyone else seeing this?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    125.6 KB · Views: 306

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I have this on my devices too. iPhone is 2.2MB, iPad is 1.9MB. If you restore as new it goes away, but overtime it will grow back. Mine has been the same size on both devices for over a year now. At least its not getting any bigger.

Reactions: leon44

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Using Safari with iCloud syncing on iOS9.2 and no matter how many times I clear all Safari history from Settings there is always '344kb' of history showing when you check in Settings>General>Storage and iCloud usage.

It seems the same thing happens on everyone else's iPhone in my house but with varying amounts of 'leftover history' which can't be zeroed.

Is everyone else seeing this?

That 344kb could be saved iCloud sync'd passwords for websites. And could explain why the amount is different for all your family members (everyone would have a different amount of passwords saved in iCloud.)

leon44

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Is more than one device using the same iCloud acct.?

All different except my iPad uses the same one and it has ~150kb
[doublepost=1455261790][/doublepost]
That 344kb could be saved iCloud sync'd passwords for websites. And could explain why the amount is different for all your family members (everyone would have a different amount of passwords saved in iCloud.)
Good theory, might test this out

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.