Understanding ADC

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by CrackedButter, Apr 26, 2003.

1. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

I'm trying to understand how ADC works for a friend, anybody like to know how he can benefit from it?

However, this will be his first mac if he doesn't buy a windows laptop. I would like to know how the discount works because its not just a fixed discount, it varies and because of this i cannot give him a price of a mac laptop with ADC discount.

Anybody care to shed some light on this, if he isn't impressed he is going to buy a windows laptop instead because it "can play games" however if the mac is cheap enough i might be able to sway him and he'll use his PC for game playing.

He is a student btw and would like to use any laptop he does buy for doing his college work and doing some programming but game could or might be and issue as well, it just depends on the price of the laptop from apple. If its no good he's getting something with windows on it.

2. Wano macrumors 6502

I just baught a 17"PB using the ADC discount.
    All you need to do is sign up for the student membership which is $99...well worth it, cause it will save you 20% off any computer, however it's a one-time discount.
    What you need to do is sign up for it, then send in a copy of you schedule and an id, it will take a few days to clear, and then you can place the order. I am not in any computer related classes, and I still got approved.

3. CrackedButter thread starter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

That sounds good but what else is there to the ADC membership?

4. janey macrumors 603

janey

if your friend is willing to get the select or premiere memberships he/she can get access to seed software, get 10 hardware discounts, get to play in the ADC labs in cupertino, get discounts for certain things, a copy of webobjects and mac os x server, get the developer connection mailing with lots of interesting stuff, and of course a e-ticket to WWDC :D
    it's pretty nice...but very pricey.

5. Wano macrumors 6502

You get access to a little bit of seed software as a a student too, but I guess not as much. You get newsletters, discount offers from third party software/hardware, and some insight of what is going on with apple products.

6. CrackedButter thread starter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Other than that then in a nut shell, he pays $99 and gets a 20% discount for one time only, yes?

7. Wano macrumors 6502

Exactly!....which is pretty good.

8. CrackedButter thread starter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Yes its very good, i'm more eager to make another purchase in the near future