Undo iphone restore Backup.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BKNY, Feb 23, 2011.

1. macrumors member

is there any possible way to undo a restore from backup?

i never used used itunes before but my brother does all the time so when i connected the iphone to itunes i clicked that option and it deleted all my photos and notes

is there any possible way to get at least the notes back? maybe the notes still in temp folder ?

thank you

2. macrumors 65816

JamesMB

I shouldn't have made any difference, whether your brother has been syncing and you haven't, as long as the device (Phone name) is different in iTunes. The fact that you had never synced, and had no backup to restore to is what wiped you out. Unless you had your data backed up in another location, it is gone.

3. macrumors 6502

oakie

usually it does a backup before restoring. if so, do an option+click restore and choose the backup that was created when you wiped your device to restore it prior to the restore.

4. thread starter macrumors member

hello

ok i believe the iphone does take few snapshots photo . does anyone know the location of that?

5. macrumors 65816

JamesMB

If you are talking about the location of your backup, do an option + click restore as Oakie said, and choose your backup.

6. thread starter macrumors member

hello

i never backed up.. so there is no restore for me

i am trying to find the location of the snapshots image.. because the image takes snapshots everytime you click the home button ..

7. macrumors 65816

JamesMB

There should be a backup, iTunes does a backup before it does a restore.

Are you talking about a "screenshot" That would be in the camera roll, that you wiped out.

8. thread starter macrumors member

hello

screenshot? i know what screen shot are. i am asking for the "snapshots" they are taken every time you press the home button. but i am not sure how long before they get deleted ..

9. macrumors 65816

JamesMB

There is no such thing! The iPhone does not make a backup of itself, on itself.

10. macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I don't think you know what you're asking for....if you never backed up the phone there's no way for the information to be backed up.