Uneven Backlight

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Phantomhavoc, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Phantomhavoc macrumors newbie

I bought my 23" cinema display a few months ago in may and ended up taking it back to the apple store I bought it from because it had an uneven backlight. There were two bright spots on the edges. Very annoying when trying to watch a movie. They tested it and said that it was fine and that the reason i was getting this is because my graphics card was older. For the time being, I was using a custom pc. Now I have my mac pro and I still have this problem, even with this new radeon 1900xt. Is this a common occurence with these displays. Should I call apple about getting it fixed or replaced.

Thanks

2. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

If you are unhappy with it, sure take it back and have Apple look at it.

3. wasimyaqoob macrumors 6502a

4. weg macrumors 6502a

weg

Yeah, and this time, if they tell you it's due to your outdated flux compensator tell them that you want to see the manager ;-)

5. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

Flux capacitor?

6. generik macrumors 601

generik

Back to teh future =)

7. fwhh macrumors regular

It seems "weg" has seen the german-dubbed version of "back to the future"...in the german version this interesting device is called "flux-kompensator", in the english version it is called "flux capactior" (capacitor means "kondensator" in german...so a kind of translation error).