Uneven screen backlight - screen darker at the bottom

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by loulan, Jan 12, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Feb 9, 2010
    My Air's screen is slightly darker at the bottom (only on a few millimeters, but still). It only happens on a white/light background though (I don't have my dock at the bottom). In comparison, the screen of my MacBook has a very uniform backlight. Does anybody else have this issue?
  2. iRun26.2, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011

macrumors 68000

Aug 15, 2010
    My 11.6" MBA's screen is also a little bit darker near the bottom. I think that most of the screens are that way but people, in general, just don't notice it.
  3. macrumors regular

Jan 3, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    I was gonna say mine is lighter in the centre where the Apple logo is because it seems to allow light to pass through :S Very noticeable when using outdoors on a low brightness setting.
  4. macrumors member

Jun 21, 2011
    Same here, MBA 11" 2010 model, has a slightly dark wavy strip on the bottom of the screen. I mostly do not notice it, but when I do it sticks in my head during the day when I am not using it. When I finally come back to the little beast, it's no where as bad as I imagined it was. I suppose we could get a replacement.
  5. macrumors 65816

Jan 5, 2011
    I have that as well. There may be a perfect example out there, but the effect is so minimally noticeable that for me it's not worth worrying about.