unexpectably quitting programs

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by dqasem, May 26, 2004.

1. dqasem macrumors newbie

May 26, 2004
    hey guys

i've been having problems recently after installing microsoft office 2004 and a couple of other programs... Whenever I use a program and it prompts me(For example in Adium when confirming a screen name delete or in System Prefrences when confirming some kind of change) the program quits and tells me it has unexpectably quit. Any ideas on how to fix this.

I have already tried repairing permissions in the disk utility...

Any help would be greatly appreciated

By the way, I am running OS X 10.3 with the latest updates on a 12in. pwbk 1 ghz with 512 ram
  2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

Jun 6, 2003
    Solon, OH
    One of those "other programs" may have installed a poorly written [EDIT]kernel[/EDIT] extension which is causing this problem. You might just have to live without that "other program".
  3. Espnetboy3 macrumors 6502

Feb 1, 2003
    i would uninstall those programs in full so there is no trace of them on the computer. Run the disk utility repairs and then try reinstalling program by program and launch and use each one then u can tlel which one is the problem or if it will happen again which hopefully it wont
  4. dqasem thread starter macrumors newbie

May 26, 2004
    recommendations don't work

hey guys

i uninstalled everything i had installed (little snitch and snapx pro)

still have problem...

I just removed them from my mac HD. Anything else i need to do

5. abhishekit macrumors 65816

Nov 6, 2003
    akron , ohio
    I guess today was a bad day :p , nad seriously MATLAb quit like 5-6 times on me today. Ans I have been using it for last 6 months every day. never ever it had done like this. :D

6. HexMonkey Administrator

Staff Member

Feb 5, 2004
    New Zealand
    This problem sounds similar to the one in this thread, so try the solutions there. I suspect a corrupt preference file will be the cause as it was in the other thread.