Unexpected quits on 10.1.5

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by OB142, Jan 31, 2004.

1. OB142 macrumors newbie

Can someone please help me here....

For a few days now, I've been trying to get BitTorrent (or something else that will do the job well).

The problem is every time I download one of these programs, when I try to open them it closes straight away and says
    "The application ***** has unexpectedly quit....."

When I checked, the first few only ran on OS 10.2 or higher (I have 10.1.5) but even when I downloaded ones that DO run on my OS, the same thing happened.

:confused: Does anybody know whats going on and how I can get BitTorrent to work on my machine?!?!?!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.....

OB

2. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Well, I would say upgrade to at least to jaguar. It makes a huge different in stability. If you can't do that, or even if you can, do the following: download macjanitor and repair your permissions. It sounds to me that something is wrong on your mac. Your harddrive is probably also fragmented? I have it with my Ipod. Sometimes when I open a large file on it I get the same error message. When I move the file from my pod to my hd and open it again, it opens it without a problem. Option #3: the download gets corrupted somehow.

3. OB142 thread starter macrumors newbie